Nothe Fort , Weymouth
About Nothe Fort , Weymouth
Nothe Fort , Weymouth - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Nothe Fort Barrack Rd, Weymouth, Dorset DT4 8UF
Ticket Price: 7 GBP
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 11:00 am - 04:30 pm Details
Added 390 times in trip plans
Garden, Family And Kids, Fort
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Nothe Fort in Weymouth is situated at the end of the Northe peninsula and is located next to Nothe gardens. The place is a labyrinth of underground passageways and is known well for its picturesque location and intricate design. The fort offers a chance to see mammoth guns and cinema areas and is a hub for tourists. The destination also has magnificent views of the Jurassic coasts and is a good place to explore with loved ones.
Nothe Fort Ticket Prices
- The price mentioned is for adults.
- Senior citizen ticket for 6 British pounds.
- Children ticket under 5 years is free.
- Children from 5-15 years is 1 British pounds.
- 2 Adults + 2 Children: 15 British Pounds.
- 1 Adult + 2 Children: 8 British pounds.
- Groups cost 5.50 British Pounds per person.
- Guided Tours (10+ Persons Advance Booking Only) 1 British Pounds per person.
- School Visits (10+ Persons)1 British Pounds per person.
How To reach Nothe Fort by Public Transport
- Buses can be taken from Rodwell (N-bound) station.
- Trains can be taken from the Weymouth station to the destination.
- Taxis and rentals are available all across the city.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Weymouth before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Weymouth and book an accommodation of your choice.
Nothe Fort , Weymouth Reviews - Write a Review
There's much more to this fort than initially meets the eye. Take time to explore the tunnels, which have a rabbit-warren effect, and definitely give you more mileage for your money! The only small downside for me personally was the random information displayed about general history, not necessarily the history of the fort. But that's only a minor thing. Also, (sorry) It would be nice to have guided tours available, such as those at the brilliant Fort Amherst in Kent. For a fiver, you get it all! All in all an historical gem, quite rightly preserved as and revered.
Excellent historical experience, well documented and presented. A great fun afternoon with amazing views across the bay. Nice little addition of hunt the mice!
A fantastic piece of history covering the life of the fort. You get a year's access for the simple process of providing name and address for the tax aid gift. Great staff and a cafe to boot. Don't just save for rainy days!
Unassuming from the outside yet great when your inside. A well put together historical building offering up loads of information for the young and the Old ,great value ,great value. IA must if you're in the area
Great for kids, the young ones will love the mouse hunt. The history of the fort and cameos are well presented with interesting videos and descriptions.
- Nearby Attractions
- The Leighton Art Gallery
- Weymouth Museum
- Weymouth Golf Club
- Scuba And Snorkeling
- Lorton Meadows Conservation Centre
- Weymouth Harbour Tramway
- Jordan Hill Roman Temple
- Radipole Lake
- Isle Of Portland
- Rosewall Camping
- Weymouth Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Weymouth
- What to See in 48 Hours in Weymouth
- What to See in 72 Hours in Weymouth
- How to Spend 5 Days in Weymouth
- How to Spend 6 Days in Weymouth
- How to Spend 7 Days in Weymouth