How to Reach Whitby - The Easiest Way to Reach Whitby
- By Air : The closest International Airport to Whitby is Durham Tees International Airport which is situated at a distance of 52.5 kilometers. The closest Domestic Airport is Troutdale Airport which is 57.1 kilometers away.
- By Road : There are various ways to get into Whitby. From East Yorkshire and Scarborough, you'll enter the A171 coast road from the south-east. From the North East and Teeside, you have a choice between the slower coastal A174 or the main A171. To get to Whitby by car from York and most other areas, take the A64 to Malton then proceed to A169 through Pickering and over the Moors.
- By Train : North York Moors offer services to and fro Whitby and the North York Moors, serving Grosmont, Goathland, Newtondale, Levisham, and Pickering.
- By Bus : There are various coaches and buses operating from different towns to Whitby namely the X5 and 93.
- Whitby's hilly terrain is actually quite easy to walk on. The best way to get around the city is on foot.
- Car parking is a big problem most of the times, hence driving is not advised.
Are you looking for a Whitby travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
How to Reach Cities Near Whitby
- How to reach York
- How to reach Newcastle Upon Tyne
- How to reach Leeds
- How to reach Manchester
- How to reach Nottingham
- How to reach Liverpool
- How to reach Chester
- How to reach Edinburgh
- How to reach St Andrews
- How to reach London
- How to reach Bath
- How to reach Bristol
- How to reach Plymouth
- How to reach Southampton