North Yorkshire Moors Railway237 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 12 Park Street, Pickering, North Yorkshire, YO18 7AJ, Whitby, United Kingdom Map
- Timings: 09:25 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +44-1751473799
- Ticket Price: 16 GBP
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Outdoors, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Train Ride
North Yorkshire Moors National Park is amazing by itself. Something that makes it more interesting is the fact that it has North Yorkshire Moors Railway running by it. North Yorkshire Moors Railway is a heritage railway located in North Yorkshire, England. It opened up in 1836 with the purpose of inland trade in those times. Back in the day, Whitby was a very important sea- port and hence George Stephenson was the man behind the planning of these railways. The initial name given to this railway was Whitby and Pickering Railway. After a short span of time that it was shut for, it re-opened in 1973 by the North York Moors Historical Railway Trust Ltd. The preserved line has not only won a lot of accolades for its maintenance but is also one of the main tourist attractions of Whitby, England. While you are in Whitby or even near by, you should definitely make it a point to travel through the heritage railway that carries more passengers than any other heritage line in the United Kingdom and is the busiest steam heritage line in the world.
North Yorkshire Moors Railway Travel Tips
- Fax: 01751 476970
- Day Rover Tickets allow unlimited travel all day between the stations for which that ticket has been issued and gives you the opportunity to break your journey as often as you like between those stations, e.g. When you purchase a Pickering to Goathland Adult Day Rover ticket for £20, the ticket allows you to travel between the stations of Pickering, Levisham, Newtondale Halt and Goathland all day.
- Return Tickets allows you the passenger to break up your journey between the stations for which that ticket has been issued.
- Single Tickets allow passengers to travel in one direction on a hop on, hop off basis.
- Gala fares apply to Spring Steam Gala, Heritage Diesel Gala, Autumn Steam Gala and Railway in Wartime.
Entrance Ticket Details For North Yorkshire Moors Railway
Pickering - Whitby Day Rover
- Adult : £26.00 , Child : £13.00 , Concessions : £22.50 ,Family (2 Adults & up to 4 Children) : £56.00
Pickering - Goathland/Grosmont Day Rover
- Adult : £20.00 ,Child : £10.00 ,Concessions : £17.00 , Family (2 Adults & up to 4 Children): £44.00
Whitby - Goathland Return
- Adult : £16.00 ,Child : £8.00 ,Concessions : £14.00 ,Family (2 Adults & up to 4 Children) :£34.00
- Under 5’s travel FREE!
- Children are aged 5-15
- Concessions include Over 60s and Students with an appropriate ID.
North Yorkshire Moors Railway Hours
- Refer to official website for timetable of your desired destination.
How to Reach North Yorkshire Moors Railway
- Take rental car or tour buses.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Whitby before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Whitby and book an accommodation of your choice.
- North Yorkshire Moors Railway Address: 12 Park Street, Pickering, North Yorkshire, YO18 7AJ, Whitby, United Kingdom
- North Yorkshire Moors Railway Contact Number: +44-1751473799
- North Yorkshire Moors Railway Timing: 09:25 am - 06:00 pm
- North Yorkshire Moors Railway Price: 16 GBP
- Best time to visit North Yorkshire Moors Railway(preferred time): 11:00 am - 12:30 pm
- Time required to visit North Yorkshire Moors Railway: 00:30 Mins
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
73.15% of people who visit Whitby include North Yorkshire Moors Railway in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
41.58% of people start their North Yorkshire Moors Railway visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see North Yorkshire Moors Railway
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting North Yorkshire Moors Railway
People normally club together Scarborough Sea Life Sanctuary and Peasholm Park while planning their visit to North Yorkshire Moors Railway.
North Yorkshire Moors Railway Reviews & Ratings
What does it cost for a full run ticket including rtnAnswer Report Abuse
do you have to pre book railway journeyAnswer Report Abuse
Price of train tickets Whitby to Goathland Early OctoberAnswer Report Abuse