Sandsend is actually a small village right outside Whitsby. When there is high tide, a particular spot becomes sandy and is a beautiful view to watch. This place is safe to take kids along as there is a shallow stream running into the sea. You will find a lot of places to eat by the Sandsend Beach. You can also find a pub or two which offer sumptuous meals and drinks to unwind.
- Do not go very close to the sea.
- Find out about the best timings to visit from the locals.
- Do not go wandering alone.
- Entry is free.
- It is a natural attraction; visiting during the day is the best option.
- Take bus no 4 from the bus stand adjacent to the station.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Whitby before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Whitby and book an accommodation of your choice.
71.13% of people who visit Whitby include Sandsend Beach in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
42.86% of people start their Sandsend Beach visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Sandsend Beach
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Sandsend Beach