You do not have to be Dracula to visit the Whitby Abbey. In fact, Dracula should be one of the reasons to get you here. The fictional character that enters England after the destruction of his ship is based in this Abbey itself. The walk up the abbey offers some great views of the town and the harbor. Even though the walk up is worth everybody`s time, it becomes even more rewarding after reaching the top. One of the most breathtaking views from the top are of the Celtic cross and St. Mary`s. If you do not wish to pay the price of entering the abbey, you can even take the stairs or wander around in the gift shop. Whatever you decide to do, but this abbey is definitely worth one of your visits.
Whitby Abbey Travel Tips
- The price is slightly high so know that you can see the abbey without paying that much.
- Nearby hotels sometimes offer a free visit to the abbey. Find out with your hotel if they have any such scheme.
- Take the camera definitely!
Entrance Ticket Details For Whitby Abbey
- Adult : £6.80
- Child (5-15 years) : £4.00
- Students with official student card or those over 60 : £6.10
- Family (2 adults, 3 children) : £17.70
- Member : free admission
- Read up the gift aid clause on the official website to understand the pricing of the ticket better.
Whitby Abbey Hours
Holiday Opening time
- Good Friday : 10:00 am- 6:00 pm
- Easter Sunday : 10:00 am-6:00 pm
- Easter Monday : 10:00 am-6:00 pm
- Early May Bank Holiday : 10:00 am-6:00 pm
- Spring Bank Holiday : 10:00 am-6:00 pm
- Summer Bank Holiday : 10:00 am-6:00 pm
- Last admission is at 17:30 hours.
How to Reach Whitby Abbey
- 0.6 mile Walk from Whitby Railway station. 1.2 miles by car or bus from Railway Station.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Whitby before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Whitby and book an accommodation of your choice.
71.6% of people who visit Whitby include Whitby Abbey in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
66.22% of people start their Whitby Abbey visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Whitby Abbey
80.6% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Whitby Abbey