Whitby Museum, Whitby
About Whitby Museum, Whitby
Whitby Museum, Whitby - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Pannett Park, Whitby YO21 1RE, England
Ticket Price: 5 GBP
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 762 times in trip plans
Museum, History Museum, Tourist Center, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Made with the intention of conserving an Edwardian atmosphere, this museum is situated in Pannett Park, another tourist attraction in Whitby. The museum has around 80,000 interesting artifacts. You can find a lot of mind blowing things related to the history of England in this museum. The museum possesses a number of items in various categories namely special collections, hidden collections, textiles and fine art, social history, whaling and the scoresbys and overseas. Right from the Baffin (model of a ship) to snakestones to the lesser known flint arrowheads, there are a lot of things on display that are sure to interest you. Also do not forget to see the beautiful jet jewelry or a small life like model of Noah`s Ark!
Whitby Museum Information
- Do not touch the artifacts.
- Read up about things that interest you on the website to get a better understanding.
- While you visit the museum, also ask for the Pannett Art Gallery and try to visit the gallery.
Whitby Museum Ticket Prices
- Adults : £5.00, Concessions (Senior Citizens 60+) : £4.00
- Student (on production of an NUS card) : £3.50
- Children (under 16 years old) : Free
- School Parties : £5.00 per accompanying adult
- Groups (Ten or more) : £3.50 per person
- Whitby Residents : Free (proof of identity required)
- Museum Association : Free (proof of membership required)
- Art Fund Members : Free (proof of membership required)
- Yorkshire Museums Volunteer Pass : Free (proof of membership required)
Whitby Museum Opening and Closing Hours
- Last admission is 30 minutes before closing time.
How To reach Whitby Museum by Public Transport
- Cabs, buses and coaches can be hired from the station.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Whitby before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Whitby and book an accommodation of your choice.
Whitby Museum, Whitby Reviews - Write a Review
Amazing amount of items crammed in to the museum. Look out for the hand, and the fantastic display of hand made ships. The staff are friendly and will talk for hours about the contents. It's the sort of place you need to go to more than once to see everthing.
Wonderful museum. Crammed full of interesting artifacts, fossils, taxidermy...the list goes on. Something for everyone. Adult admission on 5 pounds, kids free. Fantastic way to spend a couple of hours away from the crowds. Highly recommended.
Whitby museum is a great example of a museum that has embraced it's traditional look and feel rather than trying to update with modern decor and interpretation. This results in a museum which is as much worth the visit for the charm of the old display cases as for the objects inside them. There's a lot to see and the £5 admission charge is well worth it in my opinion.
Excellent museum. Such a pleasant change to find a proper museum with a great variety of items. We will visit again as there is so much to see. Never change it. It is just what a museum should be. Art gallery is excellent too.
Wide range of interesting objects including some wonderful fossils. The park surrounding it has good views and it's a lovely walk up to the museum. The staff are very friendly and helpful too