Whitianga RockCurrently Open
- Address: Lion Rock, Waikato 3592, New Zealand , Whitianga
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Geological Formation, Island, Historical Site, Family And Kids
Whitianga Rock - Review
Whitianga Rock or the Lion Rock as it is known lies on a tiny island just off the coast of Whitianga. The rock and the surrounding area are simply gorgeous. The place has a very beautiful green cover and the blue water stands in sharp contrast.
But it isn’t just the beauty of the place that is intriguing. The Lion rock was once a part of an ancient Maori Settlement known as a Pa. Explorers were overwhelmed by its brilliant design and value when they first saw it. Although only vestiges of it remain, its former glory is intact.
As a result of this, the Whitianga rock is not just a place of great beauty but also has tremendous, cultural, historic and architectural importance as well, making it a very important place to visit while in the town of Whitianga.
Whitianga Rock Information
- You can see the vestiges of the pa from the shore or hire a boat to go around the island.
How To reach Whitianga Rock by Public Transport
- Ferry Terminal in Mercury Bay
Restaurants Near Whitianga Rock
- There aren’t any restaurants in the vicinity so do back a lunch when you go.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Whitianga before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Whitianga and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Whitianga Rock
95% of people who visit Whitianga include Whitianga Rock in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
41.84% of people start their Whitianga Rock visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Whitianga Rock
80.78% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Whitianga Rock
Whitianga Rock Map
Whitianga Rock Trips
Whitianga Rock, Whitianga Reviews
All QuestionsWhitianga rock
- Centro Socio Pastorale
- A.Re.Fa. SRL
- Baie Del Salento
- Diocesi Di Ugento - S.M. Di Leuca
- Santuario Santa Marina Vergine
- Mare Vostrum, Isola Di Albarella
- Campeggio Vittoria
- La Margherita
- Gest.Vill.Turistici Rosapineta SAS Di P. Brazzalotto & C
- Malibù Di Porzionato Giuseppe & C. SNC
- Parrocchia S. Antonio
- Gest.Vill.Turistici Rosapineta SAS Cartolibreria
- Villaggio Turistico Rosapineta