Botanica, The Wichita Gardens37 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 701 Amidon St Wichita, KS 67203-3199, USA, United States
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-3162640448
- Ticket Price: 5 USD
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Botanical Garden, Family And Kids
One of Wichita’s most loved spots, the Wichita Botanical Gardens spread out over an area of 17.6 acres and includes an aquatic collection, a greenhouse, a butterfly garden, a railroad garden, a rose garden, a woodland area and a teaching garden.
The greenhouses in the gardens have a variety of tropical plants while the pansy exhibit at the impressive 2,800 square feet butterfly house, is sure to take your breath away. The gardens include collections of peonies, more than 30 types of junipers, a variety of roses, tulips, iris, azalea, chrysanthemum, witch hazel, hollies, asters and many more stunning plants and flowers. Even though known as a botanical garden the place still has pockets of romantic and secluded spots. The woods, streams, plazas and a beautiful 1949 carousel that is placed in the Downing Children’s Garden, all combine to create a tropical, exotic oasis in the middle of Wichita.
The Shakespeare Garden is designed in Elizabethan style with a geometrical layout that unwraps around a fountain. The garden is named after the famous writer/poet since most of the plants and trees cared for in this section are mentioned in Shakespeare’s books. The Sally Stone Sensory garden combines the love for plants with our innate instinct to observe and identify textures, fragrances, colors and tastes. Don’t miss the herb wall when you visit this section.
Other highlights of the gardens include:
- Jayne Milbourn Aquatic section: Includes water iris, lotus, lilies and water lettuce that thrive in the pond while the surrounding trees of American Elm and Weeping willow form shaded pockets.
- Garden of Rocks: The section has a waterfall and a collection of shrubs and wildflowers that peek around beautifully arranged stones and rocks.
- The Chinese garden of friendships: The garden includes pagodas, pathways that move around peonies, chrysanthemums, willow trees and bamboos.
The entire garden is a wonderful mix of natural elements of water, earth, fire and life and combining them with our intellect of layout, geometry and design, is what make this place so special. If you love green spaces or simply want to see some stunning plants, a visit here will be well worth your time.
Entrance Ticket Details For Botanica, The Wichita Gardens
- 3-12 year olds: $5
- Adults (13-61 years): $7
- Seniors (62 years and above), Military: $6
- Photographer + 2 Guests: $25
- Entry is free for children under two years.
Botanica, The Wichita Gardens Hours
- April- September: Tuesday & Thursday nights until 8pm (with the exception of special events).
- April- October: Sunday 1.00 pm – 5.00 pm
How to Reach Botanica, The Wichita Gardens
- By Bus: Stackman And Pine Ib
- By Taxi
- By renting a car
- You can rent a bike from Bike share ICT
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Wichita before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Wichita and book an accommodation of your choice.
20.79% of people who visit Wichita include Botanica, The Wichita Gardens in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
95% of people start their Botanica, The Wichita Gardens visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Botanica, The Wichita Gardens
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Botanica, The Wichita Gardens