Douglas Avenue41 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Douglas Avenue (east and west), Wichita, Kansas, United States
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Landmark, Walking Area, Family And Kids, Streets
The Douglas Avenues used to be a part of the Chilsom Trail area and today it offers one of the most exuberant, vivid and lively places to hang out, try some good food, people-watch or to simply soak in the Wichita downtown life. The sculptures placed here give you peek of just how art-friendly the city is. Come here for an ideal walk, to explore the nearby shops along with the museums and galleries located around. The old buildings make a walk here memorable and are loved for their varied architecture and design.
Some of the interesting places around the avenue include:
- Lewis Reflection Square Park Dockum Sit In Statues
- A Legacy Antique Mall
- Great Plains Transportation Museum
- Aquarium In Old Town Inc
- Wichita-Sedgwick County Historical Museum
After dark, the laser show with fountains, is a stunning sight while a lazy walk around the avenue during the day, is perfect if you would like to explore the historic centre of the city without loosing out on its fabulous culinary and cultural life.
Douglas Avenue Travel Tips
- Wear comfortable shoes.
Entrance Ticket Details For Douglas Avenue
- Ticket prices of individual attraction vary. For more information, visit the official website.
Douglas Avenue Hours
- Timing of individual attraction vary. For more information, visit the official website.
How to Reach Douglas Avenue
- By Bus: Douglas& Main
- By Taxi
- By renting a car
- You can rent a bike from Bike share ICT
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Wichita before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Wichita and book an accommodation of your choice.
Douglas Avenue Reviews & Ratings
Great place of Blended worship where a merger of two churches came together to create a new church. Love to see you there!