Frank Lloyd Wright's Allen-lambe HouseCurrently Open
- Address: 255 N. Roosevelt, Wichita, KS 67208, USA, United States Map
- Phone: +1-3166871027
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Family And Kids, Architecture
Dating back to 1915, the Allen–Lambe House is one of the last prairie houses designed by the famous architect Frank Lloyd Wright. This house was designed for Governor Henry Justin Allen and his wife and is also considered to be one of the the best works of the architect. The Japanese influences on the design are pretty dominant and Frank Lloyd combined modern amenities into its structure that included the first firewall in a residence, a central vacuuming system, an alarm system and a gas fireplace. The beautiful rustic colours of the building comes from the iron content in the bricks and you can see a rather interesting use of horizontal lines with a rather unbiased use of decor and design to incorporate the interiors in the outdoors and vice versa.
Highlights of the place include:
- 30 original pieces of Wright-designed furniture
- A gorgeous outdoor pool area lined with a garden
- Use of earthy, Tuscan colours with warm lightings
The entire building looks like it has stood still in time and is one of the most unique modern residential places in the city. If you can, do try to arrange a private tour of the place to see the house up close.
Entrance Ticket Details For Frank Lloyd Wright's Allen-lambe House
- $15 Basic Tour Admission
- $20 In-Depth Tour Admission
- $40 Grand Tour Admission
- $20 Elsie Allen Art Tour
Frank Lloyd Wright's Allen-lambe House Hours
- The place is open only for group tours of minimum 5 people. You will need to make online reservation or call up the place in advance to ensure entry.
- The museum is closed on Sunday, Monday and major holidays.
How to Reach Frank Lloyd Wright's Allen-lambe House
- Bus Twenty-four to stop : Douglas And Bluff lb
- Buses Twenty four, Qdug to stop : Douglas And Clifton Lb
- Bus Twentyone to stop : Hillside And 1st St Ob
- Bus Twentyone to stop : Hillside And 2nd St Ob
- Bus Twenty-five to stop : Central And Roosevelt Lb
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Wichita before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Wichita and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Frank Lloyd Wright's Allen-lambe House Address: 255 N. Roosevelt, Wichita, KS 67208, USA, United States
- Frank Lloyd Wright's Allen-lambe House Contact Number: +1-3166871027
- Time required to visit Frank Lloyd Wright's Allen-lambe House: 01:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
22.47% of people who visit Wichita include Frank Lloyd Wright's Allen-lambe House in their plan
50% of people start their Frank Lloyd Wright's Allen-lambe House visit around 10 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Frank Lloyd Wright's Allen-lambe House
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Frank Lloyd Wright's Allen-lambe House
People normally club together Sedgwick County Zoo and Old Cowtown Museum while planning their visit to Frank Lloyd Wright's Allen-lambe House.