Old Town9 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Old Town, Wichita, KS, USA, United States Map
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Family And Kids, Town
Bustling with life, the Old Town area maintains the old layout and vintage feel of Wichita while offering tourists a sea of shops, restaurants, museums, salons, spas, venues and pubs to explore. You can find some of the best gigs here at the clubs and bars that form the nightlife of the city. The brick-lined streets, mid 18th century warehouses that are now converted to eateries and shops, the colourful Q line trolley busses that still serve the city and the laid-back ambience of the entire area, is sure to make you not want to leave! The shopping pulse of the city is rather unique since you can find everything from malls, branded stores, specialty stores and boutiques and antique shops here. If you are an antique collector, do take your time exploring the antique shops. You can find everything from furniture, décor pieces, art, jewellery and vintage music instruments in the shops along with some rather unique souvenirs.
Highlight of the area include:
- Bondie’s Antique Mall & Storage
- Old Town Architectural Salvage
- Beyond Napa Retail Wine, Beer & Spirits
- Automobilia (a shop that sells gifts inspired by automobiles)
- Kernel’s Popcorn Express (has over 30 different flavours of popcorn!)
- Lynne Ziegler Weaving Gallery where you can buy hand woven clothing
- Barleycorn’s known for its live music
- XY Bar blares out the best dance music in the city
On Saturdays, the old town has its weekly farmer’s market where you can try the street food as well. The town also has budget friendly apartments and lofts where you can stay if you are looking for the complete downtown experience.
Entrance Ticket Details For Old Town
- For prices of upcoming events around the old town, visit the official website.
Old Town Hours
- Recommended time of arrival from 10.00 am to 9.00 pm.
- Timings of individual attractions, events, bars and restaurants around the old town vary.
How to Reach Old Town
- By Bus: Rock Island And 1st St.
- By Taxi
- By renting a car
- You can rent a bike from Bike share ICT
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Wichita before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Wichita and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Old Town Address: Old Town, Wichita, KS, USA, United States
- Time required to visit Old Town: 04:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
5.06% of people who visit Wichita include Old Town in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
62.5% of people start their Old Town visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Old Town
87.5% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Old Town
People normally club together The Keeper Of The Plains and Old Cowtown Museum while planning their visit to Old Town.