Wichita Art Museum72 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 1400 W Museum Blvd, Wichita, Kansas, 67203, United States
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-3162684921
- Fax: +1-3162684980
- Ticket Price: 7 USD
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Art Museums, Family And Kids, Exhibition , Social, Arts, Museums
With a permanent collection of more than 8,000 art pieces of American art, the Wichita Art Museum showcases not just the evolution of art in the country but also the evolution of the culture, technique and finesse that came with it. Most of the collection in the museum is donated by innovators, scholars, artists and collectors. The work of Charles Russell is one of the finest collections of American West art and the Pre-Columbian art pieces donated by the Beren and Kurdian family are a rare addition to the museum. The Roland P. Murdock Collection acquired from the time frame between 1939 and 1962 is the highlight of the museum and includes 168 works of art by renowned artists like Thomas Eakins, Edward Hooper, Arthur Dove and John Singleton Copley.
The museum also has a sculpture garden along with a museum café and store where you can buy souvenirs and gifts. The trending exhibitions are just as renowned. You can find woks by Monet, print art from the 19th century, rare oil on canvas paintings, glass art and also archaeological artefacts displayed here temporarily. The trending exhibits keep every visit here fresh and if you love art across all periods and styles, a visit here is highly recommended.
Entrance Ticket Details For Wichita Art Museum
General Admission Fee:
- WAM Members – Free
- Adults - $7
- Seniors - (60+) - $5
- Students with ID and Youth (ages 5-17) - $3
- Children under 5 years - Free
- Free: All visitors to the museum receive free general admission on Saturdays.
Monet to Matisse: French Moderns from the Brooklyn Museum, 1850–1950 (includes general museum admission):
Tuesday - Friday and Sunday:
- Adults: $17
- Seniors (age 60 and older): $15
- Students w/ID and youth (ages 5 to 17): $3
- Youth under 5: Free
- Adults and Seniors: $10
- Students w/ID and youth (up to age 17): Free
No admission charge to visit the Museum Store, Muse Cafe, Art Resource Center, or Library.
Wichita Art Museum Hours
During the special exhibition Monet to Matisse: French Moderns from the Brooklyn Museum, the Monet to Matisse galleries will be open only to WAM members during the following days/times:
- Saturday, May 19 and Sunday, May 20: open 10.00 am –12.00 pm
- Friday, March 9; Friday, April 6; Friday, May 4: open 5.00 pm – 8.00 pm
- Tuesday – Sunday: 11.00 am – 4.00 pm
- Monday: closed
- Tuesday – Saturday: 11.00 am – 3.00 pm
- Sunday: 11.00 am – 2.00 pm
- Monday: closed
How to Reach Wichita Art Museum
- By Bus: Stackman And Pine Ob
- By Taxi
- By renting a car
- You can rent a bike from Bike share ICT
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Wichita before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Wichita and book an accommodation of your choice.
40.45% of people who visit Wichita include Wichita Art Museum in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
66.67% of people start their Wichita Art Museum visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Wichita Art Museum
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Wichita Art Museum