Bassett HallCurrently Open [Closes at 05:00 pm]
- Address: 522 Francis St E, Williamsburg, VA 23185, United States
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-7572207453
- Ticket Price: 41 USD
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Educational Site, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Architecture , Neighborhoods , Heritage Building
Bassett Hall is an 18th century frame house that is part of Colonial Williamsburg. It is here that John D. Rockefeller, Jr. and his wife Abby Aldrich Rockefeller lived when the restoration of Colonial Williamsburg was taking place in the 1930s. The house was originally built between 1753 and 1766. It is now open to the public and appears as it did in when it was occupied by the Rockefellers during their twice annual visits.
- The hall has two storeys.
- It is located on 585 acres of gardens and woodlands.
- Trails that the Rockefellers established in the woods still exist. These are the nature trails that guests at Bassett halls have a chance to follow to view the flora and fauna of the surrounding areas.
Bassett Hall Travel Tips
- Accessible parking is available.
- The reception building has wheelchair accessible restrooms.
- There is no elevator but the first floor is accessible via ramp.
- Although the hall grounds are accessible, nature trails are not recommended for people in wheelchairs.
Entrance Ticket Details For Bassett Hall
- Ages 6-12: $20.49
- There is no singular ticket to visit Bassett Hall. Your ticket will let you visit the entirety of Colonial Williamsburg.
How to Reach Bassett Hall
- Bus: No 1 stop Patrick Henry Inn
- Christiana Campbell’s Tavern
- King’s Arms Tavern
- Williamsburg Inn
- Gold Course Grille
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Williamsburg before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Williamsburg and book an accommodation of your choice.
19.19% of people who visit Williamsburg include Bassett Hall in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
63.64% of people start their Bassett Hall visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Bassett Hall
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Bassett Hall