Bloody RavineCurrently Open
- Address: 7135 Pocahontas Trail, Williamsburg, VA 23185, United States
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Historical Site, War Memorial, Family And Kids
The bloody ravine is the site of a bloody, gruesome skirmish during the 1862 Battle of Williamsburg where 41,000 Federals and 32,000 Confederates fought. The area provided temporary fortification or redoubts to both the armies. A number of troops from the army of Northern Virginia witnessed their first bout of fighting right here, on this very site. These redoubts are truly a blast from the past.
- A Virginia State historic marker titled ‘Battle of Williamsburg’ is placed near the bloody ravine.
- There is a Civil War Trails plaque near the road.
Bloody Ravine Travel Tips
- The area can be difficult to traverse during summers as there are no discernible trails.
How to Reach Bloody Ravine
- Bus: No 1 stop Country Inn & Suites
- Sunrise Pancake & Waffle House
- Veranda Restaurant
- The Yorkshire Steak & Seafood Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Williamsburg before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Williamsburg and book an accommodation of your choice.
8.55% of people who visit Williamsburg include Bloody Ravine in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
62.5% of people start their Bloody Ravine visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Bloody Ravine
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Bloody Ravine