Dewitt Wallace Decorative Arts Museum327 Votes Currently Closed
- Address: 326 Francis St W, Williamsburg, VA 23185, United States, 23185
- Timings: 10:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-8889657254
- Fax: +1-8567868910
- Ticket Price: 13 USD
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art Museums, Museums, Outdoors, Observatory, Educational Site, Food And Drinks, Family And Kids, Social, Arts
The DeWitt Wallace Decorative Arts Museum is one of the attractions at Colonial Williamsburg. The museum is named after DeWitt Wallace who was one of the founders of the Reader’s Digest magazine. The museum was opened in 1985.
The museum, unlike the Abby Aldrich Rockefeller Folk Art Museum which is focussed on folk art, is dedicated to “finer things”.
You enter the museum through the Public Hospital of 1773 which is an exhibition on mental illness and treatment methods in the 17th century. Spooky!
- American and British antiques like furniture, paintings, metals, textiles and ceramics are a part of its 15 galleries.
- The museum also hosts musical events and lectures at the Hennage Auditorium.
Dewitt Wallace Decorative Arts Museum Travel Tips
- The ticket price includes the cost for a visit to Abby Aldrich Rockefeller Folk Art Museum.
- You have the option of visiting the museum as part of your Colonial Williamsburg ticket or separately.
- Check the museum website for a complete schedule for the guided tours that are available.
Entrance Ticket Details For Dewitt Wallace Decorative Arts Museum
- Ages 6-12: $6.49
- Children below the age of 6 will not be charged for admission.
How to Reach Dewitt Wallace Decorative Arts Museum
- An Amtrak station lies around 10 minutes away.
- King’s Arms Tavern
- Josiah Chowning’s Tavern
- Blue Talon Bistro
- Fat Canary
- Christiana Campbell’s Tavern
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Williamsburg before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Williamsburg and book an accommodation of your choice.
43.89% of people who visit Williamsburg include Dewitt Wallace Decorative Arts Museum in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
61.11% of people start their Dewitt Wallace Decorative Arts Museum visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Dewitt Wallace Decorative Arts Museum
94.44% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Dewitt Wallace Decorative Arts Museum
DeWitt Wallace Decorative Arts Museum Reviews & Ratings
Very impressive museum that you don't want to miss. Be sure to attend a program in the Hennage Auditorium.
Great stuff. Great stories. Especially loved CSI of Antique Furniture.
Small, but jam-packed museum full of interesting artifacts. Also a live stage production, featuring a Q and A session with George Washington! Very informative.
Great programs in the Hennage Auditorium. New museum being built behind this one. Take a tour with a guide to really get the inside scoop on these precious items.
We saw 2 shows today. #FoundersLab #originalbromance was fantastic!!!! 1st Impressions was really great as well!!!