Go Ape Treetop Adventure Course is located in Freedom Park, located a few minutes away from Colonial Williamsburg. The course allows participants to view the park from a vantage point that is otherwise inaccessible. There are a lot of obstacles that participants have to battle, making it a fun-filled 2-3 hour activity. Afraid of heights? The park employees have helped allay a lot of fears since they have been in operation. Their Go Ape Treetop Adventure was voted #1 Outdoor Adventure for the Eastern region of Virginia by readers of Virginia Living Magazine.
There are two outdoor activities available:
- Go Ape Treetop Adventure- for ages 10+ and taller than 4 feet 7 inches: This course consists of 37 crossings that include Trapeze, Wobbly Ladder, Spider’s Web and Big U. There are 2 tarzan swings, 5 zip lines and numerous rope ladders.
- Go Ape Treetop Junior- for all ages and taller than 3 feet 3 inches: This course consists of an easy to use safety system that will keep the little ones safe no matter what the obstacle. There are 20 obstacles and 2 zip lines.
Go Ape Treetop Adventure Course Travel Tips
- Check their website ahead of schedule for ticket availability and time slots. You can also book by phone at 1-800-971-8271. Their courses tend to fill up during holidays and on weekends.
- You are required to be at least 10 years old to participate.
- You should be at least 4 feet 7 inches tall (55 inches).
- Maximum weight allowed is 285lbs (129 kg).
- 10-15 year olds need one adult (18+) supervisor.
- 16-17 year olds do not need a supervising adult but do need a waiver signed by a legal guardian to participate. The waiver is available on their website.
- Eat well beforehand because this is a highly physical activity which will drain you.
- Water is available on the course.
- Sandals, open-toed or slip-on shoes are not allowed. Long hair has to be tied. Waists should be covered. Your clothes will get dirty.
- Body piercings/jewellery should be removed or taped over.
- People with disabilities should visit the course beforehand to see if they can participate. Although, if you do buy a ticket and are unable to participate, you will be given a refund.
- You can cancel your ticket up to 48 hours before your start time and you will get a refund.
Entrance Ticket Details For Go Ape Treetop Adventure Course
- Ages 10-15: $37
- The Treetop Junior Adventure costs $27 for all ages.
Go Ape Treetop Adventure Course Hours
The course is open at the following times:
- March to May: Weekends, and select weekdays
- June to August: Everyday
- September to December: Weekends and select weekdays
When you book your ticket online, you will be given a time slot to choose and you will be told how many spaces are available.
How to Reach Go Ape Treetop Adventure Course
- Bus: No 4 Stop Theodore Allen Rd, Longhill Apts.
- There are picnic shelters available for rent between March and October.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Williamsburg before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Williamsburg and book an accommodation of your choice.
23.09% of people who visit Williamsburg include Go Ape Treetop Adventure Course in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
63.64% of people start their Go Ape Treetop Adventure Course visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Go Ape Treetop Adventure Course
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Go Ape Treetop Adventure Course
Go Ape Treetop Adventure Course Reviews & Ratings
This was very fun and me and my girl enjoyed ourselves for my birthday. The staff is very friendly, but Josh, the one that looks like Tom Holland, he is an amazing spirit, worker, and guide you can tell he really enjoys what he does and he deserves a promotion from whatever his position is now. They need more people to implement his approach, his concern, and his PATIENCE, with working with first timers and moderate climbers.... Anyways, excellent place, great birthday gift, def coming back. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Took my 4 year old here, it was our first time going and he loved it. The instructors were very friendly and professional. There are 2 youth courses that we went on, one a little tougher than the other, my son was able to do both although he definitely preferred the easier one with the guide rope. There are a decent number of obstacles on each course although they definitely repeat themselves to a degree and a zip line at the end. Overall, I thought the pricing was probably a little steep for what you get which is why I deducted a star, its not steep enough that I wouldnt recommend the place, but for a family of three it cost $92 for an hour of time on the courses. A lot of fun though and great exercise that's all outdoors, so I would still recommend it to everyone!
Would definitely recommend going in the morning. We were the first people out and really enjoyed ourselves because there wasn't much of a backup. I personally don't like heights very much, but I never really felt scared or uneasy with this course. The instructors are energetic and very willing to ensure everyone is safe and comfortable the entire time! Would go again!
My son and I enjoy ziplining. Go Ape was fun but I was actually expecting more. There's only 5 courses to complete and it goes by pretty quick. If you're looking for more "bang for your buck", go to the adventure park in Virginia beach. You get 3 hours of time with more than 5 courses to choose from.
Fun course, it got extremely crowded and we had a lot of waiting to do. The course took us over 3 hours to do. There are a couple of places where you get to choose your path and the extreme routes are fun and physically challenging. Zip lines are fun. Training up front is enough to get you through the course. I would recommend bug spray and sturdy shoes... They will get dirty!