Governor's Palace, Williamsburg
Governor's Palace - A Quick Overview
Address: 300 Palace Green St, Williamsburg, VA 23185, United States
Ticket Price: 41 USD
Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 3.5K times in trip plans
Outdoors, Educational Site, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Architecture , Heritage Building
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Governor's Palace, Williamsburg
The Governor’s Palace is one of the largest buildings in Colonial Williamsburg that was built in the early 1700s. It used to be the official residence of the Royal Governors of the Colony of Virginia and served as its capital before it was moved to Richmond in 1780.
The Palace subsequently burned down in 1781 and was painstakingly reconstructed at the original site during the 1930s. The architectural beauty of the palace is something to behold. The palace is a must-visit for those visitors who are interested in the lives that the early settlers led and the kind of functions that took place then.
- Some events take place at the palace such as colonial dances, demonstrations and concerts.
- Behind the palace are beautiful, tiered gardens overlooking a stream.
Governor's Palace Information
- The palace is wheelchair accessible.
- Although the site is open during inclement weather, if it is raining steadily for more than three hours, you may request another ticket for another day. If the request is met, the ticket must be used by the end of the current year.
Governor's Palace Ticket Prices
- Ages 6-12: $20.49
- There is no singular ticket to visit the governor’s palace. Your ticket will let you visit the entirety of Colonial Williamsburg.
Governor's Palace Opening and Closing Hours
- Colonial Williamsburg and the Governor’s Palace are open 365 days a year.
How To reach Governor's Palace by Public Transport
- An Amtrak station lies a few blocks away.
Restaurants Near Governor's Palace
- Christiana Campbell’s Tavern
- Terrace Room
- Regency Room
- Taste Studio
- Huzzah! BBQ Grille
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Williamsburg before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Williamsburg and book an accommodation of your choice.
Governor's Palace, Williamsburg Reviews
Nice interesting, educational tour. Has lift on side. Just ask for assistance. Guides talked to mom while I toured upstairs.
We had an amazing tour with only one other couple with us. Guide was very personable and knowledgeable. Check daily schedule for rotating programs during different times and seasons.
Step back in history. Authentic recreation of 1775 Williamsburg. Very detailed period furnishings, guided tour by knowledgeable staff. One of a kind experience.
The largest house open to the public in old Colonel Williamburg; includes well renovated palace of the British Governor with multiple gardens, pond, additional buildings such as stable. The docent was very knowledgeable and helpful, interesting, able to answer our questions.
Awesome place to visit. Well informed tour guide. Very knowledgeable and friendly.
Find places near Governor's Palace, Williamsburg
PNC Bank ATM 1470 Quarterpath Rd2.031 km away
Wells Fargo ATM 200 Stadium Dr1.065 km away
Townebank, Branch Office 1510 Quarterpath Rd2.175 km away
Wells Fargo ATM 1520 Quarterpath Rd2.128 km away
Wells Fargo Bank 1520 Quarterpath Rd2.158 km away
Chesapeake Bank 5700 Williamsburg Landing Dr1.909 km away
Towne Bank 1510 Quarterpath Rd2.134 km away
Suntrust Bank 5700 Williamsburg Landing Dr1.912 km away
Sheriff Seymour & Selene 3008 Downing St2.579 km away
Harris Teeter 1470 Quarterpath Rd2.189 km away
Gabriel Archer Tavern 5800 Wessex Hundred1.471 km away
Care Providers Lounge 218 John Ratcliffe2.234 km away
Starbucks 1470 Quarterpath Rd2.05 km away
Gabriel Archer Tavern Williamsburg Winery , Lake Powell Road1.474 km away
Aromas Coffeehouse Bakeshop and Cafe 110 Archers Hope Rd0.489 km away
Charly's Airport Restaurant 100 Marclay Rd1.498 km away
Cafe Provencal 5810 Wessex Hundred1.567 km away
No 1 Restaurant 1490 Quarterpath Rd2.145 km away
Subway 1480 Quarterpath Rd2.088 km away
Waypoint Seafood & Grill 1480 Quarterpath Rd2.139 km away
- Attractions near Governor's Palace
- Williamsburg Premium Outlets
- Bloody Ravine
- Bassett Hall
- King's Arms Tavern
- Colonial Williamsburg Historic Area
- Public Hospital Museum
- Williamsburg Salt Spa
- Old Chickahominy House
- Marriott's Manor Club At Ford's Colony
- Williamsburg Antique Mall
- Quality Inn & Suites Williamsburg Central