Governor's Palace406 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 300 Palace Green St, Williamsburg, VA 23185, United States Map
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-8004478679
- Ticket Price: 41 USD
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Educational Site, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Architecture , Heritage Building
The Governor’s Palace is one of the largest buildings in Colonial Williamsburg that was built in the early 1700s. It used to be the official residence of the Royal Governors of the Colony of Virginia and served as its capital before it was moved to Richmond in 1780.
The Palace subsequently burned down in 1781 and was painstakingly reconstructed at the original site during the 1930s. The architectural beauty of the palace is something to behold. The palace is a must-visit for those visitors who are interested in the lives that the early settlers led and the kind of functions that took place then.
- Some events take place at the palace such as colonial dances, demonstrations and concerts.
- Behind the palace are beautiful, tiered gardens overlooking a stream.
Governor's Palace Travel Tips
- The palace is wheelchair accessible.
- Although the site is open during inclement weather, if it is raining steadily for more than three hours, you may request another ticket for another day. If the request is met, the ticket must be used by the end of the current year.
Entrance Ticket Details For Governor's Palace
- Ages 6-12: $20.49
- There is no singular ticket to visit the governor’s palace. Your ticket will let you visit the entirety of Colonial Williamsburg.
Governor's Palace Hours
- Colonial Williamsburg and the Governor’s Palace are open 365 days a year.
How to Reach Governor's Palace
- An Amtrak station lies a few blocks away.
- Christiana Campbell’s Tavern
- Terrace Room
- Regency Room
- Taste Studio
- Huzzah! BBQ Grille
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Williamsburg before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Williamsburg and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Governor's Palace Address: 300 Palace Green St, Williamsburg, VA 23185, United States
- Governor's Palace Contact Number: +1-8004478679
- Governor's Palace Timing: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm
- Governor's Palace Price: 41 USD
- Best time to visit Governor's Palace(preferred time): 11:00 am - 02:00 pm
- Time required to visit Governor's Palace: 04:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
35.52% of people who visit Williamsburg include Governor's Palace in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
78.13% of people start their Governor's Palace visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Governor's Palace
91.55% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Governor's Palace
People normally club together Saint Demetrios Greek Orthodox Church and Busch Gardens while planning their visit to Governor's Palace.