Governor's Palace, Williamsburg
About Governor's Palace, Williamsburg
Governor's Palace, Williamsburg - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: 300 Palace Green St, Williamsburg, VA 23185, United States
Ticket Price: 41 USD
Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 3.5K times in trip plans
Outdoors, Educational Site, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Architecture , Heritage Building
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
The Governor’s Palace is one of the largest buildings in Colonial Williamsburg that was built in the early 1700s. It used to be the official residence of the Royal Governors of the Colony of Virginia and served as its capital before it was moved to Richmond in 1780.
The Palace subsequently burned down in 1781 and was painstakingly reconstructed at the original site during the 1930s. The architectural beauty of the palace is something to behold. The palace is a must-visit for those visitors who are interested in the lives that the early settlers led and the kind of functions that took place then.
- Some events take place at the palace such as colonial dances, demonstrations and concerts.
- Behind the palace are beautiful, tiered gardens overlooking a stream.
Governor's Palace Information
- The palace is wheelchair accessible.
- Although the site is open during inclement weather, if it is raining steadily for more than three hours, you may request another ticket for another day. If the request is met, the ticket must be used by the end of the current year.
Governor's Palace Ticket Prices
- Ages 6-12: $20.49
- There is no singular ticket to visit the governor’s palace. Your ticket will let you visit the entirety of Colonial Williamsburg.
Governor's Palace Opening and Closing Hours
- Colonial Williamsburg and the Governor’s Palace are open 365 days a year.
How To reach Governor's Palace by Public Transport
- An Amtrak station lies a few blocks away.
Restaurants Near Governor's Palace
- Christiana Campbell’s Tavern
- Terrace Room
- Regency Room
- Taste Studio
- Huzzah! BBQ Grille
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Williamsburg before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Williamsburg and book an accommodation of your choice.
Governor's Palace, Williamsburg Reviews - Write a Review
Step back in history. Authentic recreation of 1775 Williamsburg. Very detailed period furnishings, guided tour by knowledgeable staff. One of a kind experience.
The largest house open to the public in old Colonel Williamburg; includes well renovated palace of the British Governor with multiple gardens, pond, additional buildings such as stable. The docent was very knowledgeable and helpful, interesting, able to answer our questions.
Awesome place to visit. Well informed tour guide. Very knowledgeable and friendly.
Fascinating place. I didn't know that colonial America was so luxurious. I learned a lot.
Very informative look into Virginia's history. I definitely recommend it for history buffs.