Historic Jamestowne, Williamsburg
Historic Jamestowne, Williamsburg - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: 1368 Colonial National Historic Pkwy, Jamestown, VA 23081, United States
Ticket Price: 14 USD
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 6.7K times in trip plans
Outdoors, Educational Site, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Architecture , Heritage Building
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Historic Jamestowne, Williamsburg
Located on the James River, Historic Jamestowne is the cultural heritage site where the city of Jamestown was established way back in 1607. It was the site of the first permanent English settlement in North America. The site was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1966. The heritage site is jointly taken care of and operated by US National Park Service and Preservation Virginia.
The site offers great insight into the lives of the early settlers and their interactions with Native Americans. Archaeological digs keep happening on the site and interesting discoveries and revelations keep popping up with every dig. The town has been meticulously reconstructed to give you a true sense of what life was like back then. The museum with its artefacts will give you all the information you need. It’s the place to be if you truly ‘dig’ American history. There are a number of exhibits that you will be able to visit:
- The Visitor Centre presents films and galleries which highlight the history of Jamestowne from the prehistoric times to now.
- The Archaearium has 2000 artefacts on display and visitors learn how they were found.
- The World of Pocahontas, Unearthed is an exhibit that sheds light on the interaction between the natives and English settlers.
- Jane’s Story discusses the winter of 1609-1610 when Jamestown was at the edge of collapse through drought, starvation, disease and attacks by the natives.
Historic Jamestowne Information
- It would be good if you read up on your history before visiting.
- Getting a tour guide is a good idea.
- The site has a great gift shop that you can visit.
- The park may close for inclement weather.
- Wheelchairs are available at the visitor centre.
Historic Jamestowne Ticket Prices
- General admission is free for children and active military “access pass” holders.
- You can also buy the four site value ticket that is valid for seven consecutive days at Historic Jamestowne, Yorktown Battlefield, Jamestown Settlement, and Yorktown Victory Center for $35 (adults), $23 (13-15 yrs), $ 12.50 (6-12 yrs).
- Tours take place entirely outdoors and it can get bitterly cold during winters. Be prepared.
Historic Jamestowne Opening and Closing Hours
- Entrance Gate: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
- 1608 Glass House: 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
- Visitor Centre: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Archaearium archaeology museum: 9:30 am – 5:30 pm (winter hours: 9:30 am – 5:00 pm)
- Island Loop Drive: 8:30 am – sunset
How To reach Historic Jamestowne by Public Transport
- Rented car
Restaurants Near Historic Jamestowne
- Jamestown Pie Co.
- Five Forks Cafe
- Old Chickahominy House
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Williamsburg before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Williamsburg and book an accommodation of your choice.
Find places near Historic Jamestowne, Williamsburg
Name: Dale House Cafe Address: 1365 Colonial PkwyDistance: 1.752 km away
Name: Jamestown Glasshouse Address: 1367 Colonial PkwyDistance: 1.403 km away
Name: Carrot Tree Kitchens - MOVED Address: 1367 Colonial PkwyDistance: 1.345 km away
Name: Cheese Shop Address: Merchants SqDistance: 1.668 km away
Historic Jamestowne, Williamsburg Reviews
- Top Attractions in Williamsburg
- Jamestown Settlement
- Water Country Usa
- Governor's Palace
- Bruton Parish Episcopal Church
- Williamsburg Winery
- The College Of William And Mary
- Williamsburg Pottery
- Abby Aldrich Rockefeller Folk Art Museum
- Dewitt Wallace Decorative Arts Museum
- Yankee Candle Company
- King's Arms Tavern