How to Reach Williamsburg
- By Air: You can take a plane to the Newport News/Williamsburg International Airport which is serviced by Delta, US Airways, and Airtran and is about 30 minutes away from the centre of the city. Richmond International Airport and Norfolk International Airport are also both an hour’s drive away.
- By Train: You can take an Amtrak train to Williamsburg from cities like Washington DC, New York, Richmond and Boston.
- By Car: You can take Interstate 64 to reach the city from Newport News, Norfolk, Hamption, Virginia Beach and Richmond. VA State Route 5 is what you take if you want a more scenic drive.
- By Bus: Williamsburg has an extensive bus network and tickets are affordable, however it does not serve far flung places.
- By Car: The most convenient way to get around in the city of Williamsburg is by car. Williamsburg travel guide recommends hiring a car from the local rental companies.