Jamestown Glasshouse113 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 1355 Colonial National Historic Pkwy, Williamsburg, VA 23185, United States Map
- Timings: 08:30 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-8776287275
- Ticket Price: 14 USD
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Historical Site, Family And Kids, Specialty Shop
The Jamestown Glasshouse is located in Jamestown, Virginia and is part of the Historic Jamestowne experience. It was first built in 1608, just a few yards away from the current glasshouse. It was abandoned in 1624.
These glasshouses were excavated in 1948. The glasshouse that exists today was built during the 1970s. Instead of trees like in the olden days, the furnaces use natural gas for fuel.
- Costumed glassblowers still make glass their daily which looks very similar to what was made in the past.
- They explain the art and history of glassblowing to guests.
- The glass they make is available at the gift shop.
- Wine bottles, pitchers, candleholders and various other glass objects are made there.
Jamestown Glasshouse Travel Tips
- Try and go early in the morning so that the artisans have time to talk to you.
Entrance Ticket Details For Jamestown Glasshouse
- Your ticket price includes the entire visit to Historic Jamestown.
- General admission is free for children and active military “access pass” holders.
How to Reach Jamestown Glasshouse
- Bus: No 13 stop Ferry
- Jamestown Pie Co
- Five Forks Cafe
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Williamsburg before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Williamsburg and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Jamestown Glasshouse Address: 1355 Colonial National Historic Pkwy, Williamsburg, VA 23185, United States
- Jamestown Glasshouse Contact Number: +1-8776287275
- Jamestown Glasshouse Timing: 08:30 am - 05:00 pm
- Jamestown Glasshouse Price: 14 USD
- Best time to visit Jamestown Glasshouse(preferred time): 09:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Time required to visit Jamestown Glasshouse: 01:30 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
9.89% of people who visit Williamsburg include Jamestown Glasshouse in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
76.92% of people start their Jamestown Glasshouse visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Jamestown Glasshouse
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Jamestown Glasshouse
People normally club together College Of William And Mary and Historic Jamestowne while planning their visit to Jamestown Glasshouse.