Jamestown SettlementCurrently Closed
- Address: 2110 Jamestown Rd, Williamsburg, VA 23185, United States
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-7572534838
- Ticket Price: 17 USD
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museum, History Museum, Educational Site, Archaeological Site , Exhibition
About Jamestown Settlement, Williamsburg
Jamestown Settlement is a living history museum where costumed interpreters portray the life of a resident of Jamestown in the 17th century. It is a comprehensive reconstruction of the life and times of the early English settlers and the settlement is situated adjacent to Historic Jamestowne.
It was in the 19th century that the first efforts were made at historical preservation and since then, this has become a popular tourist destination for those who want to learn about the earliest settlement in North America and the English settlers interaction with the Native American peoples.
- Located near Historic Jamestowne.
- Digs have unearthed the original palisade line, more than 3 wells, 10 structures and over a million artefacts.
- Archaeological work is on-going.
- Apart from re-enactments, there are films and gallery exhibits.
Jamestown Settlement Information
- Free parking is available.
- All areas of the museum are wheelchair accessible except on board the ships. You can call 888-593-4682 toll free for information on accessibility for people with disability.
- Strollers and wheelchairs are available; however they are on a first come first serve basis, so you might want to reach the park early to book one.
- Photography and videography are not allowed.
- Outside food and drinks are not allowed.
Jamestown Settlement Ticket Prices
- Ages 6-12: $7.75
- Children under 6 years of age are allowed free entry.
How To reach Jamestown Settlement by Public Transport
- Rented car
Restaurants Near Jamestown Settlement
- Jamestown Settlement has its own café called the Jamestown Settlement Café. Seating is on a first come first serve basis.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Williamsburg before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Williamsburg and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Jamestown Settlement
91.09% of people who visit Williamsburg include Jamestown Settlement in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
67.85% of people start their Jamestown Settlement visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Jamestown Settlement
93.12% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Jamestown Settlement
Jamestown Settlement Map
Jamestown Settlement Trips
Jamestown Settlement, Williamsburg Reviews
We thoroughly enjoyed our time at Jamestown Settlement! It was raining and cold but my 10 year old really engaged and listened to all the fun informative costumed historians! They had fun info to share and made it interesting for him and for us! I had a peanut soup in the cafeteria and some out of this world cornbread! Great food for a cafeteria setting! It was a great day!
Very neat experience. They have recreated an Indian village the houses used in that time period. They have a blacksmith you can watch make stuff they have the lady with a key for spices they have an Armory they shoot off of musket to show you what it would have sounded like. The ships are also very interesting and amazing how many people they kept on board across the whole ocean. I recommend it!
A good warning is that it gets very hot if you go in the summer after walking around a bit (coming from someone who lives in Texas). But otherwise a very interesting walk and cool ships for kids to walk and explore on. The people acting in costumes are the best and it's insane they have so many layers in the heat! Live demonstrations and things to hold with the actors explaining the stuff inside each of the houses while you catch a chance to cool off.
Enjoyed our visit to Jamestown! Inside museum was a great representation of the old english days. A lot to read, a lot to see! Outside they have reproduction of old Jamestown settlement and Indian village with workers who are knowledgeable historians. Jamestown fort also has musket shootings which is a must to see! They also have historically accurate replicas of ships that the settlement used in their time. The ships are very detailed even down to their sleeping quarters. Can't wait to go back!
This was an amazing history lesson for someone who didn't know a lot about what happened here. And an awesome visit. Perfect for kids and adults of all ages. Friendly and very knowledgeable guides and staff. A must see for locals and international visitors. A great leisurely day. Oh and the tall ships totally cool.
All QuestionsJamestown settlement
Find places near Jamestown Settlement, Williamsburg
ATM 1800 Jamestown Rd2.495 km away
ATM 1760 Jamestown Rd2.622 km away
Jamestown Pharmacy Care Center 1781 Jamestown Rd2.575 km away
James Town Pie Co. 1804 Jamestown Rd2.447 km away
Carrot Tree Kitchens 1782 Jamestown Rd2.544 km away
Jamestown Settlement Cafe 1760 Jamestown Rd2.623 km away
Dale House Cafe 1365 Colonial Pkwy0.133 km away
Community Café 3899 John Tyler Hwy2.974 km away
Jamestown Glasshouse 1367 Colonial Pkwy0.405 km away
Carrot Tree Kitchens - MOVED 1367 Colonial Pkwy0.422 km away
Country Grocery & Deli 1676 Jamestown Rd2.826 km away
McDonald's 3512 Robins Way2.984 km away
Cheese Shop Merchants Sq0.068 km away
Istanbul Restaurant 1784 Jamestown Rd2.54 km away
Nazar 1784 Jamestown Rd2.504 km away
- Bella Vita Yachts
- Upbeat Sailing
- Waypoint Marine
- Universal Life Church Monastery
- On The Run Tour: Beyonce & Jay Z
- Mary Vitold Gallery
- Pioneer Square Station
- West Seattle Unitarian Universalist Fellowship
- Silver Seas Yachts - Seattle
- Glacier Marine Transport
- Samoan Congregational Church
- Dunato's Marine Services & Supply
- Community Garden
- Washington State Catholic Conference