Jamestown SettlementCurrently Closed
- Address: 2110 Jamestown Rd, Williamsburg, VA 23185, United States
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-7572534838
- Ticket Price: 17 USD
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museums, History Museums, Educational Site, Archaeological Site , Exhibition
Jamestown Settlement is a living history museum where costumed interpreters portray the life of a resident of Jamestown in the 17th century. It is a comprehensive reconstruction of the life and times of the early English settlers and the settlement is situated adjacent to Historic Jamestowne.
It was in the 19th century that the first efforts were made at historical preservation and since then, this has become a popular tourist destination for those who want to learn about the earliest settlement in North America and the English settlers interaction with the Native American peoples.
- Located near Historic Jamestowne.
- Digs have unearthed the original palisade line, more than 3 wells, 10 structures and over a million artefacts.
- Archaeological work is on-going.
- Apart from re-enactments, there are films and gallery exhibits.
- Free parking is available.
- All areas of the museum are wheelchair accessible except on board the ships. You can call 888-593-4682 toll free for information on accessibility for people with disability.
- Strollers and wheelchairs are available; however they are on a first come first serve basis, so you might want to reach the park early to book one.
- Photography and videography are not allowed.
- Outside food and drinks are not allowed.
- Ages 6-12: $7.75
- Children under 6 years of age are allowed free entry.
- Rented car
- Jamestown Settlement has its own café called the Jamestown Settlement Café. Seating is on a first come first serve basis.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Williamsburg before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Williamsburg and book an accommodation of your choice.
88.73% of people who visit Williamsburg include Jamestown Settlement in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
84.31% of people start their Jamestown Settlement visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Jamestown Settlement
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Jamestown Settlement
"A" plus. The Commonwealth of Virginia, Duke Energy and many other private groups have done a tremendous job of telling the history of the first colonists in America from all perspectives. This museum is a must see for anyone who enjoys history. So much to experience. Highly recommend getting the combo ticket for this and the American Revolution Museum. Well worth it.
If you are American and you really care of your heritage&history or if you are just outside visitor , this place MUST be on your bucket list ! It's where UNITED STATES started ! Lots of history , many things to see and learn about, plus that feeling when you go back in the time and try to imagine what all those people had to go through so we can have all of it today ! Gives you chills! Been to many other museums and other historical places but this one has that special X factor , which you have to experience on your own !
I'm sure many Americans lack a firsthand knowledge of our history as far as some elements of the making of this country and the journey to independence.We found it fascinating to walk back into the history of Jamestown Settlement. I personally consider this a must do for all Americans and tourists to make this visit when they can. A hearty thanks to all those involved through the years in making this Settlement a possibility for all to experience.
Great place, well worth the time. The folks are amazing in the settlement! The powwow was awesome but sorely disappointed that the Indian Taco vendor was nor there. Food average and pricey.
They keep updating and improving your experience here. It is better every time I go. Such fun for the whole family.