Jamestown Settlement630 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 2110 Jamestown Rd, Williamsburg, VA 23185, United States
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-7572534838
- Ticket Price: 17 USD
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museums, History Museums, Educational Site, Archaeological Site , Exhibition
Jamestown Settlement is a living history museum where costumed interpreters portray the life of a resident of Jamestown in the 17th century. It is a comprehensive reconstruction of the life and times of the early English settlers and the settlement is situated adjacent to Historic Jamestowne.
It was in the 19th century that the first efforts were made at historical preservation and since then, this has become a popular tourist destination for those who want to learn about the earliest settlement in North America and the English settlers interaction with the Native American peoples.
- Located near Historic Jamestowne.
- Digs have unearthed the original palisade line, more than 3 wells, 10 structures and over a million artefacts.
- Archaeological work is on-going.
- Apart from re-enactments, there are films and gallery exhibits.
Jamestown Settlement Travel Tips
- Free parking is available.
- All areas of the museum are wheelchair accessible except on board the ships. You can call 888-593-4682 toll free for information on accessibility for people with disability.
- Strollers and wheelchairs are available; however they are on a first come first serve basis, so you might want to reach the park early to book one.
- Photography and videography are not allowed.
- Outside food and drinks are not allowed.
Entrance Ticket Details For Jamestown Settlement
- Ages 6-12: $7.75
- Children under 6 years of age are allowed free entry.
How to Reach Jamestown Settlement
- Rented car
- Jamestown Settlement has its own café called the Jamestown Settlement Café. Seating is on a first come first serve basis.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Williamsburg before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Williamsburg and book an accommodation of your choice.
60.52% of people who visit Williamsburg include Jamestown Settlement in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
84.31% of people start their Jamestown Settlement visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Jamestown Settlement
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Jamestown Settlement