Experience the historical significance and importance of Williamsburg a little differently. Williamsburg Walking Tours provide for a walking adventure through the largest living museum of colonial history. Hear as your guides walk you through several important events and sites and recount various legends of this historical town. There are three different types of tours available:
- Walk About History: The history and historical significance of the area of Williamsburg and glimpses into the life of the early settlers.
- Ghostly Tales: Local ghost legends and the venues where they apparently reside and haunt. Historical importance of each site.
- Christmas Past and Present: How Christmas was celebrated during colonial times and the reason for why various traditions exist.
Williamsburg Walking Tours Travel Tips
- Arrive 15 minutes before tour time.
- Reservations and advance purchase tickets are available at most hotels. Otherwise tickets are available at Merchant’s Square.
- Wear weather appropriate clothing and comfortable walking shoes. Tours are rarely cancelled (even if it rains!). If cancelled, you may get a refund or your tour will be rescheduled.
- Parking is recommended in Merchant’s Square area.
- The route is mostly wheelchair accessible but may not be entirely smooth (some sandy paths are present.).
- Cameras are allowed but video/audio taping is not.
Entrance Ticket Details For Williamsburg Walking Tours
- Walk about history: $19 (age 14 and older), $16 (children 7-13)
- Ghostly tales: $12 (ages 7 and up)
- Christmas past and present: $12 (ages 7 and up)
- The tours are free for children aged 6 and under.
Williamsburg Walking Tours Hours
- Walk about history: 90 minutes
- Ghostly tales: 1 hour
- Christmas past and present: 1 hour (Only available from November to December)
How to Reach Williamsburg Walking Tours
- Bus: No 14 stop Merchant Square
- A Chef’s Kitchen
- Blue Talon Bistro
- Aromas Coffeehouse Bakeshop & Cafe
- Rick’s Cheese Steak
- Mad about Chocolate
- Baskin Robbins
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Williamsburg before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Williamsburg and book an accommodation of your choice.
18.52% of people who visit Williamsburg include Williamsburg Walking Tours in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
83.33% of people start their Williamsburg Walking Tours visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Williamsburg Walking Tours
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Williamsburg Walking Tours