Wren BuildingCurrently Open
- Address: 200 Stadium Dr, Williamsburg, VA 23186, United States, 23185
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +1-7572214000
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Historical Site, Family And Kids, Heritage Building, Landmarks, Historic And Protected Sites
The Sir Christopher Wren Building at the College of William & Mary was constructed between 1695 and 1700 and is the oldest college building that is still standing in the United States. The building has been constantly plagued by fires (in 1705, 1859 and 1862). Thomas Jefferson, James Monroe, John Tyler, and John Marshall have all walked its hallowed halls. A true piece of history!
- The latest renewal and replacement project took place in 2000.
- There are classrooms throughout the building and faculty offices on the third floor.
Wren Building Travel Tips
- Metered spaces for parking are few in number but a visitor is allowed to use them.
Entrance Ticket Details For Wren Building
- Entry is free.
- You are required to obtain a parking pass from the Swem Library. It will cost you $5 for a day and $25 for a week.
How to Reach Wren Building
- Bus: No 5, 8, 13 stop Campus Centre.
- Fat Canary
- Blue Talon Bistro
- Berret’s Seafood Restaurant & Taphouse Grill
- Seasons Cafe
- The Trellis Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Williamsburg before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Williamsburg and book an accommodation of your choice.
31.01% of people who visit Williamsburg include Wren Building in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
50% of people start their Wren Building visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Wren Building
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Wren Building