New Forest National Park
About New Forest National Park, Winchester
The New Forest is an area of southern England which includes one of the largest remaining tracts of unenclosed pasture land, heathland and forest in the heavily populated south east of England. It covers south-west Hampshire and extends into south-east Wiltshire and towards east Dorset. The name also refers to the New Forest National Park which has similar boundaries. Additionally the New Forest local government district is a subdivision of Hampshire which covers most of the Forest and some nearby areas, although it is no longer the planning authority for the National Park itself.There are many villages dotted around the area, and several small towns in the Forest and around its edges.Wikipedia
Overview of New Forest National Park
This article refers New Forest National Park in Winchester, United Kingdom. On your trip to Winchester, you can consider a quick visit to New Forest National Park. Use this comprehensive guide to plan your visit to New Forest National Park and you'll thank us later!
Top attractions of Winchester worth your visit include Winchester Castle, Winchester Cathedral, Marwell Wildlife, Wolvesey Castle and Royal Green Jackets Museum. Visit these and also discover other interesting things to do in Winchester before planning.
More about Winchester
Use Winchester trip planner to visit New Forest National Park and many others to your visit.
You can enjoy a comfortable stay in the city by booking the best hotels in Winchester like Highfield House, Best Western Chilworth Manor Hotel and Marwell Hotel - A Bespoke Hotel.
Share your experience - Rate New Forest National Park, Winchester
Huge place with lots of variety. From dense forest to open moorland or heath. The roads through it and near it are extremely busy but it's a beautiful area. Plenty of campsites and caravan sites, both static and mobile. Lots and lots of holiday cottages round here and the prices are pretty good for The South. Nearby there's lots to see too, from the clifftop walks to the lovely beaches. Picturesque villages like old fashioned postcards and big towns. Great area.
This is part of my daily commute and it's an beautiful place. it's never the same on any 2 separate days. Great walks, rides, pubs. It's very popular so best to avoid on high days and holidays, unless of course you're not going by car.
The new forest is always lovely, and it's so big that you can always find somewhere peaceful to relax. It's always nice to see the horses roaming free, but you need to be a little careful with the dogs, as there are some things they can catch here (unlikely though it may be). One of the best places we've ever been to if you're taking your own picnic.
Lovely, lovely, lovely! We were planning on going further from Dover to Cornwall, but the calm atmosphere in New Forest is unbeatable. Traffic is stress less, people are in holiday mode and the landscape is just so nice it has to be seen.
I came here with my girlfriend a few weeks ago. Really good, reasonably priced day out. If you have kids, you could easily spend the whole day here. Worth watching the otter feeding.
- Other Attractions
- Dunvegan Castle And Gardens
- Skye Silver Gift Shop
- Giant Macaskill Museum
- Colbost Croft Museum
- Borreraig Park
- The Three Chimneys And The House Over-by
- Hotels for other Attractions
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near Dunvegan Castle And Gardens
- 3 Star Hotels Hotels Near Skye Silver Gift Shop
- Luxury Hotels Near Giant Macaskill Museum
- Cheap Hotels Near Colbost Croft Museum
- 5 Star Hotels Near Dunvegan City Center
- 5 Star Hotels Near Dunvegan
- Luxury Hotels Near Borreraig Park
- Luxury Hotels Near The Three Chimneys And The House Over-by
- City Tripplans
- Winchester Itinerary 5 Days
- Winchester Itinerary 2 Days
- Winchester Itinerary 1 Day
- 38 Day Trip to United Kingdom from Atlanta
- Winchester Itinerary 6 Days
- 20 Day Trip to United Kingdom from Dallas
- Winchester Itinerary 4 Days
- 42 Day Trip to United Kingdom from Bhopal
- The Places in Winchester You Must Visit Before You Die
- 21 Day Trip to London, Leeds, Manchester, Winchester, Liverpool from Casa Grande