Winchester Cathedral, Winchester
About Winchester Cathedral, Winchester
Winchester Cathedral, Winchester - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: 9 The Close, Winchester, Hampshire SO23 9LS, United Kingdom
Ticket Price: 8 GBP
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 09:30 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 3.8K times in trip plans
Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids, Architecture , Cathedral
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Winchester castle is one of the largest church of England that attracts great attention and inspires awe. This cathedral is known for its nave which is the longest in Europe. Dedicated to Holy Trinity, Saint Peter, Saint Paul and Saint Swithun, this cathedral is one of the finest examples of Gothic architecture in Europe. Founded in 642, this cathedral is known to house mortuary chests containing the remains of Saxon kings such as King Eadwig of England. The famous English novelist Jane Austen was also buried in the Winchester cathedral.
Winchester Cathedral Information
- Visitors are welcome to take photographs for personal use. Photography is not allowed during services and no commercial photography is permitted within the Cathedral or Cathedral grounds.
Winchester Cathedral Ticket Prices
- Concession – £5.95
- Student – £4.45
- Children under 16 (with family) – Free
- Tower tour – £6.00
- Audio tour – £3.00
Winchester Cathedral Opening and Closing Hours
- For other closure days of the Cathedral, refer the website.
How To reach Winchester Cathedral by Public Transport
- By Bus station: Broadway Guildhall (NW-bound)
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Winchester before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Winchester and book an accommodation of your choice.
Winchester Cathedral, Winchester Reviews - Write a Review
Fantastic. Hard to take in the history and age of this amazingly beautiful place. Thought I would spend about an hour here, took about 3 hours to get around the awesome place. Worth every penny.
Worth a visit but £8 entry was a bit steep I felt. Paid it to finish off a day of touring Jane Austen country, and thoroughly enjoyed exploring the rest of the cathedral.
Absolutely beautiful peace of history. The surrounds areas is elegant and pleasing. Definitely worth a visit.
Stunning famous Cathedral, well worth a visit. Café and bars over looking its grounds and historic buildings all around. If you visit Winchester, seeing the Cathedral is a must.
Magnificent! Well worth a visit, we were lucky enough to hear the choir preparing for EVENSONG, magical!
- Nearby Attractions
- Loch Fyne
- Cafe Monde
- The Black Rat
- Ask Pizza And Pasta
- Wykeham Arms
- Pizza Express
- National Trust - Mottisfont
- The Wheatsheaf
- New Forest National Park
- Forest Holidays Blackwood Forest
- Winchester Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Winchester
- What to See in 48 Hours in Winchester
- What to See in 72 Hours in Winchester
- How to Spend 5 Days in Winchester
- How to Spend 6 Days in Winchester
- How to Spend 7 Days in Winchester