Assiniboine Park Zoo, WinnipegCurrently Open
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-2049276001
- Ticket Price: 20 USD
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Zoo, Family And Kids
About Assiniboine Park Zoo, Winnipeg
Established in 1904, covering around 80 acres of land, this zoo is a fun place to visit for families and animal lovers. The zoo lets you encounter with some amazing animals like red panda, gorilla and many more, from all the corners of the globe. Besides animals, other living creatures like fish, crustaceans and insects can also be observed.
Apart from visiting the zoo, the management team also organizes various events for school groups and kids. Participating in any of such group activities lets kids learn about the habitat of the animals.
Assiniboine Park Zoo Information
- On special events or workshops, the timings are subjected to change
- The zoo is open for regular hours on other holidays like Louis Riel Day, Good Friday, Easter, Monday, Victoria Day, Canada Day, the August long weekend, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Boxing Day, New Year’s eve and New Year’s Day
- The gate closes at 4:30pm
- Members get free admission to the park and zoo
- Children under 3 years of age get free admission
- Payments in cash, debit cards, credit cards, Master card and Visa for the tickets, are accepted
- For group rates and membership details, visit their official website
- Groups with 25 or more number of people get reduced price for the tickets
- For school group or general group visit, prior appointment is necessary
- For school groups, boxed lunches are available with advance order
- The support person accompanying disabled people, gets free admission
- To move around the zoo, strollers, wheelchairs and scooters (in the spring/ summer/fall) available to rent during zoo visit.
- Please dress appropriately. Shirts and shoes are required.
- The following items are NOT PERMITTED within the zoo - pets; Roller blades, roller skates, heelies, skateboards, child scooters; Bicycles, tricycles, and unicycles; balloons of any kind; straws; balls, Frisbees, flying discs, etc.
- Service animals are permitted. The animal's vaccination papers must be presented upon arrival at the Zoo.
Assiniboine Park Zoo Ticket Prices
- Senior (60 and above): USD 17.50
- Youth (13 – 17 years): USD 17.50
- Children (3 – 12 years): USD 10
Rental price for strollers:
- Single stroller: USD 4
- Double stroller: USD 6
- Wheelchair: USD 5
- Electric scooter: USD 25
Assiniboine Park Zoo Opening and Closing Hours
- Extended hours:- Wednesday in July: 9am–8pm (each Wednesday in July)
- The Arctic Treasures Gift Shops and Wild Things Unique Gifts - 9am- 8pm (on 1st, 8th, 15th, 22nd and 29th July)
- On 11th November – 1pm -4pm (for the zoo)
How To reach Assiniboine Park Zoo by Public Transport
- By car
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Winnipeg before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Winnipeg and book an accommodation of your choice.
Assiniboine Park Zoo, Winnipeg Reviews
We went here in November so it was quite chilly and not many people. We still really enjoyed it. They have a good variety of animals and the access to each exhibit is easy (almost all are accessible for the disabled, too). We really liked the undersea exhibit with a large plexiglas tunnel that allows you to walk under the water. The harbour seals were fun to watch and would interact with you through the windows. The tiger display allows you to get close to these amazing creatures. Parking is free and abundant. Entry is easy and the maps are good. It takes about 2-3 hours to see everything.
World class... amazing polar bear exhibit. Watch them play fight and canoodle while you eat some fries in front of the panoramic cafe windows. Money has improved the zoo enormously...too bad the donors have to plaster their names on everything, but I guess generosity comes at a price.
It was an awesome time! A wee bit cold ( i know, its winter lol) but many areas to warm up! Great staff and volunteers with a ton of knowledge to answer any questions...great time! Thank you!!
I’ve loved this place since I was a kid. I don’t visit as much but it’s still a great time to spend a few hours. Journey to Churchill is a great addition to the zoo with cool animals!
It's not exactly world class, but it's a very nice zoo. They don't do much in the way of exotic animal (besides the dinosaurs of course). The Journey to Churchill exhibit is pretty neat.
All Questionsassiniboine park zoo
- Attractions near Assiniboine Park Zoo
- Dalnavert Museum
- Riel House National Historic Site
- Prairie Theatre Exchange
- Manitoba Planetarium And Science Gallery
- St. Boniface Museum And Cathedral
- Shaw Park
- Naval Museum Of Manitoba
- Winnipeg Railway Museum
- Tinkertown Family Fun Park
- Kildonan Park
- Centennial Concert Hall