Assiniboine Park Zoo407 Votes Currently Open
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-2049276001
- Ticket Price: 20 USD
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Zoo, Family And Kids
Established in 1904, covering around 80 acres of land, this zoo is a fun place to visit for families and animal lovers. The zoo lets you encounter with some amazing animals like red panda, gorilla and many more, from all the corners of the globe. Besides animals, other living creatures like fish, crustaceans and insects can also be observed.
Apart from visiting the zoo, the management team also organizes various events for school groups and kids. Participating in any of such group activities lets kids learn about the habitat of the animals.
Assiniboine Park Zoo Travel Tips
- On special events or workshops, the timings are subjected to change
- The zoo is open for regular hours on other holidays like Louis Riel Day, Good Friday, Easter, Monday, Victoria Day, Canada Day, the August long weekend, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Boxing Day, New Year’s eve and New Year’s Day
- The gate closes at 4:30pm
- Members get free admission to the park and zoo
- Children under 3 years of age get free admission
- Payments in cash, debit cards, credit cards, Master card and Visa for the tickets, are accepted
- For group rates and membership details, visit their official website
- Groups with 25 or more number of people get reduced price for the tickets
- For school group or general group visit, prior appointment is necessary
- For school groups, boxed lunches are available with advance order
- The support person accompanying disabled people, gets free admission
- To move around the zoo, strollers, wheelchairs and scooters (in the spring/ summer/fall) available to rent during zoo visit.
- Please dress appropriately. Shirts and shoes are required.
- The following items are NOT PERMITTED within the zoo - pets; Roller blades, roller skates, heelies, skateboards, child scooters; Bicycles, tricycles, and unicycles; balloons of any kind; straws; balls, Frisbees, flying discs, etc.
- Service animals are permitted. The animal's vaccination papers must be presented upon arrival at the Zoo.
Entrance Ticket Details For Assiniboine Park Zoo
- Senior (60 and above): USD 17.50
- Youth (13 – 17 years): USD 17.50
- Children (3 – 12 years): USD 10
Rental price for strollers:
- Single stroller: USD 4
- Double stroller: USD 6
- Wheelchair: USD 5
- Electric scooter: USD 25
Assiniboine Park Zoo Hours
- Extended hours:- Wednesday in July: 9am–8pm (each Wednesday in July)
- The Arctic Treasures Gift Shops and Wild Things Unique Gifts - 9am- 8pm (on 1st, 8th, 15th, 22nd and 29th July)
- On 11th November – 1pm -4pm (for the zoo)
How to Reach Assiniboine Park Zoo
- By car
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Winnipeg before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Winnipeg and book an accommodation of your choice.
57.16% of people who visit Winnipeg include Assiniboine Park Zoo in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
54.05% of people start their Assiniboine Park Zoo visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Assiniboine Park Zoo
92% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Assiniboine Park Zoo