How to Reach Winnipeg, Canada
The Easiest Way to Reach Winnipeg
- Since Winnipeg is the capital of Manitoba, the city’s international airport is quite active and receives flights from all major airlines.
- Greyhound Canada and Grey Goose provide bus services to Winnipeg from across the continent. The main bus depot is at the airport.
- Via Rail and Union Station offer train services to and from Winnipeg.
- If you’re planning to drive down to Winnipeg, the city is well connected along the Trans-Canada Highway. Depending on where you’re coming from, there are designated exits which you should take.
- Winnipeg is a fairly big city and navigating around it as a tourist can be a little intimidating. All streets have names and the major routes of the city have both names and numbers, so before you set out for the day, note down the names of the streets you’re going to be stopping at.
- Although the best way to see any city is on foot, Winnipeg is not ideally a walking-centric city. Before you set off on a street, look for signs that might warn you against walking on the streets; underground crossings are available should such a situation arise.
- There are a few bicycle lanes in the city demarcated by diamond marking. There are a great number of rules that cyclists should follow, so before you set out, learn the rules.
- The best way to get around town would be through public transit. Winnipeg has bus routes that run throughout the city. Visit their website to check their schedules and tickets.
- If all else fails, take a taxi to get from one point to another.
Are you looking for a Winnipeg travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Modes of Transportation in Winnipeg
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Winnipeg. The most preferred mode of transport in Winnipeg is Car.
Average distance: 14.43 km Average time: 33.55 min
Car 71.11%Driving 25.22 min Walking 1.31 min Overall average time for 15.8 kms 26.53 min
Bike 4.44%Bike 35 min Walking 0.5 min Overall average time for 12 kms 35.5 min
Bus/Trolleybus 17.78%Bus 33.63 min Walking 6.88 min Waiting 2.75 min Overall average time for 10.4 kms 43.25 min
Walking 4.44%Walking 90 min Driving 15 min Overall average time for 11 kms 105 min
How to Reach Winnipeg from Nearby Cities
|Lac Du Bonnet to Winnipeg||119.76 km||1 hour 59 mins|
- How to reach East St Paul
- How to reach Mctavish
- How to reach Teulon
- How to reach Lac Du Bonnet
- How to reach Eriksdale
- How to reach The Narrows
- How to reach Keewatin
- How to reach Kenora
- How to reach Little Bullhead
- How to reach Montreal
- How to reach Toronto
- How to reach Vancouver
- How to reach Ottawa
- How to reach Niagara Falls
- How to reach Windsor