How to Reach Winnipeg
- Since Winnipeg is the capital of Manitoba, the city’s international airport is quite active and receives flights from all major airlines.
- Greyhound Canada and Grey Goose provide bus services to Winnipeg from across the continent. The main bus depot is at the airport.
- Via Rail and Union Station offer train services to and from Winnipeg.
- If you’re planning to drive down to Winnipeg, the city is well connected along the Trans-Canada Highway. Depending on where you’re coming from, there are designated exits which you should take.
- Winnipeg is a fairly big city and navigating around it as a tourist can be a little intimidating. All streets have names and the major routes of the city have both names and numbers, so before you set out for the day, note down the names of the streets you’re going to be stopping at.
- Although the best way to see any city is on foot, Winnipeg is not ideally a walking-centric city. Before you set off on a street, look for signs that might warn you against walking on the streets; underground crossings are available should such a situation arise.
- There are a few bicycle lanes in the city demarcated by diamond marking. There are a great number of rules that cyclists should follow, so before you set out, learn the rules.
- The best way to get around town would be through public transit. Winnipeg has bus routes that run throughout the city. Visit their website to check their schedules and tickets.
- If all else fails, take a taxi to get from one point to another.
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Winnipeg. The most preferred mode of transport in Winnipeg is Car.
Average distance: 14.78 km Average time: 33.38 min
Car 70.18%Driving 25.53 min Walking 1.3 min Overall average time for 16.73 kms 26.83 min
Walking 7.02%Walking 61.25 min Driving 9.75 min Overall average time for 8 kms 71 min
Bus/Trolleybus 17.54%Bus 33.9 min Walking 7.5 min Waiting 2.7 min Overall average time for 10.26 kms 44.1 min
Bike 3.51%Bike 35 min Walking 0.5 min Overall average time for 12 kms 35.5 min