Winnipeg Art GalleryCurrently Closed
- Address: 300 Memorial Boulevard, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada R3C 1V1
- Timings: 11:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-2047866641
- Ticket Price: 12 USD
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Art Gallery, Family And Kids
For art-lovers, who are interested in learning about the historical facts about art works of other cities, this gallery is a must-visit. Being the oldest civic art gallery of Canada, Winnipeg Art Gallery speaks about the art and its influence over the life of local people.
At present, the gallery holds around 25,000 artworks ranging from 15th century European paintings till 21st century American multi-media art. Besides, the gallery also displays paintings of the artists from all across the world.
- Children under 5 get free admission
- Members of the gallery get free admission
- To check other ticket details, visit their official website
- The opening times of the gallery shops and Clara Lander library are given in the official website
- For schools, group tours are available with prior appointment
- Senior: USD 8
- Students: USD 8
- Family (up to 2 adults + 4 children under 18): USD 28
- Individuals: USD 60
- Couple: USD 85 (2 individuals living in the same household)
- Family: USD 95 (2 adults + upto 4 children under 18 living in the same household)
- Students: USD 30(with a valid student card)
- Senior: USD 50 (60+ years of age)
- Senior couple: USD 75 (60+ years of age)
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Winnipeg before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Winnipeg and book an accommodation of your choice.
61.84% of people who visit Winnipeg include Winnipeg Art Gallery in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
65.17% of people start their Winnipeg Art Gallery visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Winnipeg Art Gallery
93.88% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Winnipeg Art Gallery
Winnipeg Art Gallery is an amazing place to visit. It represents different shades of Winnipeg culture. They also arrange different cultural activities to make the place quite vivid! Cool experience!
The displays that were there were very good, but there were a couple display rooms closed to prepare future exhibits. The sculptures on the rooftop were very interesting. Unfortunately there is no secure coatroom area so we had to lug our coats with us. The new Inuit art center will be amazing when it opens in a couple years. Free entry for members.
It is a beautiful place, but the security guards were a little extra vigilante while i was there with my family. I felt like i was being monitored more than i can enjoy the gallery. I was there with 2 elderly people 2 adults and 2 children.
Nice gallery. Very cold so bring a sweater due to the temperature having to be kept cool for the art. Lots of interesting installations. A must if you like indigenous art.
For the size of this city, the Winnipeg Art Gallery is a beautiful place to visit. The building itself is sophisticatedly designed. The art collection is excellent with a large collection of Inuit art. The Special Art Exhibits that come to this gallery arrive from all over the world. The gift shop offers a lovely variety and if you are looking for a book on a collection, there usually is one offered. For those who are local, one may rent art. They also offer special events throughout the year and have a restaurant on the top floor where one can enjoy the view of the rooftop sculpture garden. During certain times of the year free admission is offered on a particular day and time. There are studio classes for all ages. Admission is very reasonable.