Wisconsin Dells Tourism
Visit Wisconsin Dells - Best of Wisconsin Dells
Wisconsin meaning ‘meeting of the waters’; is popularly known as The Water Park Capital of the World. Wisconsin Dells is one of the most favored Wisconsin and Midwestern vacation spots. Situated in south-central Wisconsin, the city takes its name from the Dells of the Wisconsin River. Various factors have made this city a Top Midwest Travel Destination, with appealing activities to both young and old along with iconic landscapes and awe-inspiring natural beauty. Having the best of both worlds- 21 water parks, water-skiing thrill shows, mini-golf courses and its natural scenic limestone formations carved by the Wisconsin River, you are ought to have one exhilarating vacation!
Founded as Kilbourn City in 1857, the name of the city was changed to Wisconsin Dells in 1931, for tourists to easily identify the city with its famous natural landscape, as tourism gradually became large here. The Dells of the Wisconsin River, also called the Wisconsin Dells, derived from French dalles, or narrows is a 5-mile canyon on the Wisconsin River noted particularly for its unique Cambrian sandstone rock formations and tributary gorges.
Archaeologically, the dells were formed during the last ice age about 15,000 years ago. A scenic, glacially formed gorge that features striking sandstone formations along the banks of the Wisconsin River, is the top natural attraction here. And then there is the more recent advent of the water parks and endless supply of fun and games.
Now if this information is enticing you to get there sooner or later, read on to know more about this wonderful city. Covering details from the best time to visit Wisconsin Dells, how to travel here, and top things to do, travel tips and even eateries where you can enjoy scrumptious food.
Wisconsin Dells Travel Tips
Essential travel information and Wisconsin Dells tips for your visit
- Time Zone: Central Time Zone; UTC-06:00
- Currency: United States dollar
- Electricity and Internet: The voltage is 120 Volts/ 60 Herdz. Internet in the form. of Wi-Fi is available at most of the hotels, restaurants and places of interest.
- Languages: English is the primary language, Spanish being second, followed by other Indo-European languages.
- Security: Dial 911 for Emergency Only, (608) 253-1611 for Wisconsin Dells Police, Fire, Rescue/Ambulance.
- Off-beaten Path: Taking a boat tour or walking along the trails at nearby Mirror Lake or Devil's Lake state parks, will make you admire this original attraction of the city.
- Tipping: Normally, the typical tip is 15% to 20% of the total meal cost. Whereas, a 10 dollar/trip minimum applies with Wisconsin Dells Taxi (as also imposes a 1-dollar surcharge on baseline fares between 12:00 midnight and 4:00 am; which is 3 dollars/passenger and 3 dollar/mile) and a 5 dollar minimum with Sureway Taxi.
Explore the travel itinerary planning tool for your visit to Wisconsin Dells and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!
Travel to Wisconsin Dells- Know before you go to Wisconsin Dells
Facts and Stats for Wisconsin Dells*
Pollution Statistics in Wisconsin Dells
Know the pollution level of Wisconsin Dells before you plan your visit.
Water Pollution 50 (Moderate)
Noise and Light Pollution 50 (Moderate)
Unattended dirt and garbage 50 (Moderate)
Drinking Water Pollution and Inaccessibility 50 (Moderate)
Dissatisfaction with Garbage Disposal 50 (Moderate)
Dissatisfaction to Spend Time in the City 25 (Low)
Dissatisfaction with Green zones and parks 50 (Moderate)
Living in Wisconsin Dells - Quality of Life
Climate Index 51.21 (Moderate)
Pollution Index 31.03 (Low)
Indices such as Quality of life, Climate & Healthcare index are good to be high whereas others such as Property price, Traffic & Cost of living Index are good to be low.
Cost for Essentials in Wisconsin Dells
Here's how much it will cost to shop in Wisconsin Dells
Local calling per minute on Prepaid mobile 0.12 USD
International Movie per seat 10 USD
Summer clothing in a chain store 31.73 USD
Pair of Basic Nike Shoes 73.33 USD
Pair of Basic Levis Jeans 32 USD
*Stats and figures mentioned are crowd-sourced and subjected to change without notice.
Wisconsin Dells Travel Guides
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Wisconsin Dells
- Cities Near Wisconsin Dells
- Kronenwetter Tourism
- Rothschild Tourism
- Schofield Tourism
- Wausau Tourism
- Milwaukee Tourism
- Green Bay Tourism
- Le Claire Tourism
- Chicago Tourism
- North Muskegon Tourism
- Top cities from United States
- Miami Tourism
- Los Angeles Tourism
- New York City Tourism
- Las Vegas Tourism
- San Francisco Tourism
- Seattle Tourism
- Jamison Tourism
- Saratoga Springs Tourism
- Millbrae Tourism
- Other Cities on TripHobo
- Paris Tourism
- Prague Tourism
- Rome Tourism
- Rio De Janeiro Tourism
- London Tourism
- Barcelona Tourism
- Vazhichal Tourism
- Sderot Tourism
- Zirad Tourism