How to Reach Wisconsin Dells
- By Plane: The Dane County Regional Airport in Madison is closest, being an hour to the south. Further lie O'Hare International Airport in Chicago and Gen. Mitchel International Airport in Milwaukee.
- By Train: The Amtrak's Empire Builder route between Chicago/Milwaukee and the Pacific Northwest passes through the Dells. The Station is located right off Broadway, the main strip of downtown Wisconsin Dells.
- By Car: Interstate 90/94 passes through the Dells area with four exits leading directly into the Wisconsin Dells area.
- By Bus: The Greyhound Bus has a stop at the Citgo/Burger King at 611 Frontage Rd.
- By Taxi: Cabs here can be quite costly. There are three cab companies here - Wisconsin Dells Taxi, Dells Cab and Sureway Taxi Service. They have an established fare of 2 dollars/person on boarding the cab and 2 dollars/mile; a 10 dollar/trip minimum applies with Wisconsin Dells Taxi (as also imposes a 1-dollar surcharge on baseline fares between 12:00 midnight and 4:00 am; which is 3 dollars/passenger and 3 dollar/mile) and a 5-dollar minimum with Sureway Taxi. Wisconsin Dells Roo, too is a great taxi/transportation company in the city. They charge 110 dollars flat, with 1-6 travelers. Most of the hotels too offer shuttle services.
- By Walk: Getting around in Dells is actually pretty easy. Depending on where you’re staying, you could actually walk to several attractions, restaurants and shops.