- By Air: Wollongong is connected to rest of the world through Sydney Airport. After getting down at this airport you can easily find connecting links to Wollongang via rail and road.
- By Train: Travelling to Wollongang from Sydney offers you a scenic journey filled with views of Royal National Park, the ocean and rainforest. There are regular train services between Sydney and Wollongong on the South Coast Cityrail line.
- By Car: Wollongong is connected to Sydney via MetRoad 1 and the Princes Highway south. During your way you shall be able to see the beautiful views of the escarpment and the cliffs. From Canberra or Melbourne, you can access Wollongong via the Illawarra Highway or via Picton Road.
- By Bike: Wollongang is a beautiful city that can be experienced best through cycling down its nature’s trials. The city is cycling friendly as it owns a network of cycle track that runs from Wollongong north for 10 km to Thirroul, hugging the scenic beaches, or the same distance south to Windang and Lake Illawarra. These tracks generally remain uncrowded and offer a great way to admire the natural beauty of this city.
- By Train: There is an extensive network of trains that connect different parts of the city to each other. Stanwell Park, Austinmer, Coledale, Wombarra and Bulli are the best stations to access nearby beaches, with Austinmer the most popular.
- By Bus: You can roam around Wollongang on the city loop bus, operating between the University and the City Centre, via Cliff Rd and the Princes Highway.
Explore the best travel planner for your visit to Wollongong and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!