Maccabe ParkCurrently Open
- Address: Wollongong NSW 2500, Australia
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Park, Family And Kids, Nature
Maccabe Park - Review
MacCabe is a small park that is located in the centre of the city of Wollongang. Visitors entering this park can play sports in its playground that is located at the north east corner. The other features of this park are:
- The local youth centre
- A sculpture called "Nike".
- The youth centre has a small skating area.
- The northeastern area features a council operated art gallery and a war memorial, featuring a planted area and a canon.
- The west part of the park area features shops like Dick Smith bordering a narrow walkway underneath and between climbing plants.
- A circular amphitheatre of brick.
How To reach Maccabe Park by Public Transport
- Nearest Bus stop: Opposite Greater Union Cinemas Burelli St.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Wollongong before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Wollongong and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Maccabe Park
95% of people who visit Wollongong include Maccabe Park in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
29.15% of people start their Maccabe Park visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Maccabe Park
92.23% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Maccabe Park
Maccabe Park Map
Maccabe Park Trips
Maccabe Park, Wollongong Reviews
Great spot for catching Pokemon. The park there is excellent along with public toilet facilities but sometimes the area attracts less desirable people. Also being opposite the shopping centre it's great for a break inbetween long spending sprees
Love it on "Viva la Gong" great space to celebrate our diversity and lifestyle. Large enough to hold 4 different stages for variety and fun.
An inner city park that is regularly frequented by drunks. druggies and lowlifes. Not too unsafe in the middle of the day but you wouldn't catch me here at night.
Nice enough. Good playground for the kids, but unfortunately it gets vandalised.
This park is pretty big, but I only really hung around the North end of it. There's play equipment for kids, covered tables, well-placed trees everywhere, a youth centre with a skateboard park, and plenty of room for large groups.