Maccabe Park, WollongongCurrently Open
- Address: Wollongong NSW 2500, Australia
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Park, Family And Kids, Nature
About Maccabe Park, Wollongong
MacCabe is a small park that is located in the centre of the city of Wollongang. Visitors entering this park can play sports in its playground that is located at the north east corner. The other features of this park are:
- The local youth centre
- A sculpture called "Nike".
- The youth centre has a small skating area.
- The northeastern area features a council operated art gallery and a war memorial, featuring a planted area and a canon.
- The west part of the park area features shops like Dick Smith bordering a narrow walkway underneath and between climbing plants.
- A circular amphitheatre of brick.
How To reach Maccabe Park by Public Transport
- Nearest Bus stop: Opposite Greater Union Cinemas Burelli St.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Wollongong before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Wollongong and book an accommodation of your choice.
Maccabe Park, Wollongong Reviews
Love it on "Viva la Gong" great space to celebrate our diversity and lifestyle. Large enough to hold 4 different stages for variety and fun.
This park is pretty big, but I only really hung around the North end of it. There's play equipment for kids, covered tables, well-placed trees everywhere, a youth centre with a skateboard park, and plenty of room for large groups.
Great place to let the kids run around.
Nice kids playing area. The seats setting under the trees is a nice addition for a summer day.
Not a bad park it's good to have open space in the city