Nan Tien Temple
About Nan Tien Temple, Wollongong
The Nan Tien Temple is the largest Buddhist Temple in the Southern Hemisphere, situated in Berkeley, the suburb of Wollongang. The temple holds a lot of importance as it propagates the Buddhist faith and culture. However, apart from the religious faith for which this temple is important for, it is also famous for its grand architecture, art and culture including unique exhibitions and festivals, Buddhist festivals, vegetarian culinary delights, educational and healthy lifestyle classes and retreats, accommodation, top class conference and auditorium facilities. The temple is just 10 minutes south of Wollongong City and is a must visit for spiritual rejuvenation.
Nan Tien Temple Tickets Prices
- Register for a guided tour that will help you discover the temple very well.
How To Get To Nan Tien Temple by Public Transport
- Nearest Bus station: Nan Tien Temple Nolan St. Bus station.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Wollongong before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Wollongong and book an accommodation of your choice.
Address: 180 Berkeley Rd, Berkeley NSW 2506, Australia
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 1.1K times in trip plans
Religious Site, Temple, Family And Kids, Architecture
Try TripHobo Trip Planner
Share your experience - Rate Nan Tien Temple, Wollongong
Large Buddhist temple near Wollongong. It's beautiful, very clean and the guides inside can offer a lot of interesting information about Buddhism. The calligraphy class in the Pagoda was fun. The public transport is a bit lacking and the temple is located in an industrial district near a major highway. This combined with plenty of tourists visiting it daily it is not as tranquil as it seems from the photos.
Such an amazing place on many levels, feels like your teleported to another place. The architecture of the buildings and scale are a wonder and grounds are beautiful. I'm sure there's still much to experience from the people here too.
The place and atmosphere was lovely, it was quiet serene up to the time we left. Don't miss the oppurtunity to visit if you're in the area. It's like a whole 'nother world
Big temple, very friendly, calm and spacious. Learn about Buddhism or go to worship. She dance/meditation classes available. Not too remarkable though
Beautiful and peaceful place. Makes us feel spiritually calm away from all the noise and clatter of this busy world. It's a must see for tourist and also for inquisitive people who knows little about Buddhism.
- Other Attractions
- Skyline Gondola
- Kiwi Birdlife Park
- Milford Sound
- Queenstown Gardens
- T.s.s Earnslaw
- The Remarkables
- Gibbston Valley Wines
- Skippers Canyon
- The Kingston Flyer
- Te Anau Glow Worm Caves
- Hotels for other Attractions
- Budget Hotels Near Skyline Gondola
- Budget Hotels Near Kiwi Birdlife Park
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near Milford Sound
- Cheap Hotels Near Queenstown Gardens
- 5 Star Hotels Near T.s.s Earnslaw
- Hotels Near The Remarkables
- Budget Hotels Near Gibbston Valley Wines
- 5 Star Hotels Near Skippers Canyon
- 3 Star Hotels Hotels Near The Kingston Flyer
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near Te Anau Glow Worm Caves
- City Tripplans
- Wollongong Itinerary 6 Days
- Wollongong Itinerary 4 Days
- 5 Day Trip to Wollongong from Wollongong
- Wollongong Itinerary 2 Days
- 3 Day Trip to Wollongong from Wollongong
- Wollongong Itinerary 3 Days
- 4 Day Trip to Wollongong from Wollongong
- Wollongong Itinerary 7 Days
- 8 Day Trip to Wollongong from Wollongong
- Wollongong Itinerary 1 Day