Are you looking for what to do in Wollongong?
THINGS TO DO
- Grand Pacific Drive and the Sea Cliff Bridge: Experience the spectacular coastal drive between Sydney and Wollongong (and beyond) on the NSW South Coast. Enjoy driving through coastal rainforests and villages before traversing the magnificent Sea Cliff Bridge.
- llawarra Fly: Hovering 45m above the forest floor, the Illawarra Fly Treetop Walk provides picturesque views from Bass Point in the south to Bundeena in the north. A sunrise walk allows visitors to capture the start of the day from on high.
- Visit Lake Illawarra: Visit the Lake Illawarra to experience outdoors in the fresh air, getting in touch with nature and just relaxing.
PLACES TO SEE
- Nan Tien Temple: Also known as “Southern Paradise”, this temple is the largest Buddhist temple in the Southern Hemisphere. The temple offers regular events such as meditation retreats, excursions, art and craft classes.
- Science centre and Planetarium: This centre is operated by the University of Wollongong and covers everything from dinosaurs to electronics. Visiting this place with kids can be real fun!
- North Beach: Beaches are one of the reasons people visit Australia for. The North beach in Wollongong is suitable for all visitors and offers calm waters away from the city centre.
- Wollongong Botanic Gardens: Visit the Botanic garden to look at the Habitats that include tropical, temperate and woodland. A perfect place to have your picnic lunch.
- Wollongong Breakwater Lighthouse: Located on the Flagstaff Hill on Wollongong Harbour, this lighthouse is one of the two significant lighthouses in Wollongong and is a special attraction of the city.
Below we have a list of things to do in Wollongong and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Wollongong getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Wollongong with confidence.