About Wattamolla Beach, Wollongong
The Wattamolla beach is situated two kilometres south of Marley and is backed by the narrow 500 m long Wattamolla Lagoon. This lagoon is fed by Wattamolla and Coole creeks and bordered by steep valley sides, with the lagoon breaking out across the southern corner of the beach. This beach is considered to be one of the best places in Australia to swim as it remains relatively quiet under normal low wave conditions. The lagoon looks stunning with its blue waters that remain quaint and offer a beautiful oceanic sight. There is also a picnic area that is annexed to this beach where you can have multiple options to entertain yourself and your kids.
Wattamolla Beach Information
- Use the sun-glasses while going out in the sun.
- Although the beach is relatively quiet however children should be watched both on the beach and in the lagoon as fatalities have occurred.
- The inner rocks of lagoon are relatively safe; however like much of the National Park the outer rocks are high, exposed and dangerous.
How To Get To Wattamolla Beach by Public Transport
- Transdev NSW
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Wollongong before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Wollongong and book an accommodation of your choice.
Share your experience - Rate Wattamolla Beach, Wollongong
Awesome place to visit with friends! It's a beautiful beach that's also got an awesome waterfall. This beach is always my first option when I wanna go enjoy a sunny day at the beach
It's best place to be visited. I went with my friends we had a lots of fun There is beautiful waterfall, beautiful beach. So amazing place.
Amazing place with a nice waterfall in the back and lovely beach in front. And when we went there we had the whole place for ourselves, made it even more amazing.
river valley soil green sea wind lake. everything meets there
Awesome spot for a nice day out. Toilet and bbq facilities. Dont forget to pay park fees. Swimming and fishing.
- Other Attractions
- Wildlife Habitat Port Douglas
- Four Mile Beach
- Daintree Rainforest
- Agincourt Reef
- Sunday Market
- Opal Reef
- Bally Hooley Steam Railway
- St Marys By The Sea
- The Reef Marina
- Flagstaff Hill Lookout
- Hotels for other Attractions
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near Wildlife Habitat Port Douglas
- 5 Star Hotels Near Four Mile Beach
- Budget Hotels Near Daintree Rainforest
- 3 Star Hotels Hotels Near Agincourt Reef
- 5 Star Hotels Near Sunday Market
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near Opal Reef
- 5 Star Hotels Near Bally Hooley Steam Railway
- Cheap Hotels Near St Marys By The Sea
- Luxury Hotels Near The Reef Marina
- 5 Star Hotels Near Flagstaff Hill Lookout
- City Tripplans
- Wollongong Itinerary 6 Days
- Wollongong Itinerary 4 Days
- 5 Day Trip to Wollongong from Wollongong
- Wollongong Itinerary 2 Days
- 3 Day Trip to Wollongong from Wollongong
- Wollongong Itinerary 3 Days
- 4 Day Trip to Wollongong from Wollongong
- Wollongong Itinerary 7 Days
- 8 Day Trip to Wollongong from Wollongong
- Wollongong Itinerary 1 Day