Wattamolla Beach, Wollongong
About Wattamolla Beach, Wollongong
Wattamolla Beach, Wollongong - Address
Address: Wattamolla Beach Road, Wollongong, New South Wales, Australia
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 695 times in trip plans
Beach, Family And Kids, Picnic Spot
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
The Wattamolla beach is situated two kilometres south of Marley and is backed by the narrow 500 m long Wattamolla Lagoon. This lagoon is fed by Wattamolla and Coole creeks and bordered by steep valley sides, with the lagoon breaking out across the southern corner of the beach. This beach is considered to be one of the best places in Australia to swim as it remains relatively quiet under normal low wave conditions. The lagoon looks stunning with its blue waters that remain quaint and offer a beautiful oceanic sight. There is also a picnic area that is annexed to this beach where you can have multiple options to entertain yourself and your kids.
Wattamolla Beach Information
- Use the sun-glasses while going out in the sun.
- Although the beach is relatively quiet however children should be watched both on the beach and in the lagoon as fatalities have occurred.
- The inner rocks of lagoon are relatively safe; however like much of the National Park the outer rocks are high, exposed and dangerous.
How To reach Wattamolla Beach by Public Transport
- Transdev NSW
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Wollongong before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Wollongong and book an accommodation of your choice.
Wattamolla Beach, Wollongong Reviews - Write a Review
Awesome place to visit with friends! It's a beautiful beach that's also got an awesome waterfall. This beach is always my first option when I wanna go enjoy a sunny day at the beach
It's best place to be visited. I went with my friends we had a lots of fun There is beautiful waterfall, beautiful beach. So amazing place.
Highly recommended place to spend your time.
Amazing place with a nice waterfall in the back and lovely beach in front. And when we went there we had the whole place for ourselves, made it even more amazing.
river valley soil green sea wind lake. everything meets there
- Nearby Attractions
- Chef Choice
- Wollongong Central
- Win Stadium
- Keiraview Uow Accommodation
- University Of Wollongong
- Grand Pacific Drive
- Illawarra Performing Arts Centre
- Wollongong Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Wollongong
- What to See in 48 Hours in Wollongong
- What to See in 72 Hours in Wollongong
- How to Spend 5 Days in Wollongong
- How to Spend 6 Days in Wollongong
- How to Spend 7 Days in Wollongong