Wattamolla Beach120 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Wattamolla Beach Road, Wollongong, New South Wales, Australia
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Beach, Family And Kids, Picnic Spot
The Wattamolla beach is situated two kilometres south of Marley and is backed by the narrow 500 m long Wattamolla Lagoon. This lagoon is fed by Wattamolla and Coole creeks and bordered by steep valley sides, with the lagoon breaking out across the southern corner of the beach. This beach is considered to be one of the best places in Australia to swim as it remains relatively quiet under normal low wave conditions. The lagoon looks stunning with its blue waters that remain quaint and offer a beautiful oceanic sight. There is also a picnic area that is annexed to this beach where you can have multiple options to entertain yourself and your kids.
Wattamolla Beach Travel Tips
- Use the sun-glasses while going out in the sun.
- Although the beach is relatively quiet however children should be watched both on the beach and in the lagoon as fatalities have occurred.
- The inner rocks of lagoon are relatively safe; however like much of the National Park the outer rocks are high, exposed and dangerous.
How to Reach Wattamolla Beach
- Transdev NSW
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Wollongong before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Wollongong and book an accommodation of your choice.
27.71% of people who visit Wollongong include Wattamolla Beach in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
38.33% of people start their Wattamolla Beach visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Wattamolla Beach
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Wattamolla Beach