Wollongong Breakwater Lighthouse
Light House, Family And Kids, Tower
Added 1.2K times in trip plans
About Wollongong Breakwater Lighthouse, Wollongong
Even though the Breakwater lighthouse of Wollongong has not been operational since 1974, it is still considered to be an attraction of the city. On special occasions this lighthouse is beautified with a decorative light. The tower stands 12 metres (40 feet) high and has a tapered round wrought iron structure with lantern. The tower looks beautiful from a distance as it is completely painted in white. Between 2000 and 2002, a complete restoration returned the lighthouse and its lighting equipment to its original configuration, and the light was relit in connection with an international lighthouse conference in Sydney. Located on the Flagstaff Hill on Wollongong Harbour, this lighthouse is one of the two significant lighthouses in Wollongong.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Wollongong before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Wollongong and book an accommodation of your choice.
How To Get To Wollongong Breakwater Lighthouse by Public Transport
- Nearest Bus stop: Cliff Rd After Harbour St.
Share your experience - Rate Wollongong Breakwater Lighthouse, Wollongong
A very picturesque lighthouse looking out over the harbour. A good place to relax especially in the sun. A creative powerhouse at the end of a pen.
Nice coffee you could find with an amazing waterfront view... worth to stop by in your way and take a nice break 😍
Beautiful views. Great fishing spot for families.
Doesnt matter whether your a hoon of the night or a civilian fisher of the day the harbour is deffinetly a place to visit in the illawarra.
Breath taking views and chill environment. A must visit place with expensive seafood restaurant nearby.
- Other Attractions
- North Head Sanctuary
- North Head
- Manly Quarantine Station
- Manly Sea Life Sanctuary
- Manly Art Gallery And Museum
- Norwegian Church In Sydney
- The Luggage Store Cafe And Museum
- The Corso
- North Head Sanctuary, Manly (sydney Harbour Federation Trust)
- Other Attractions Hotels
- Luxury Hotels Near North Head Sanctuary
- Hotels Near North Head
- Hotels Near Manly Quarantine Station
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near Manly Sea Life Sanctuary
- 5 Star Hotels Near Manly Art Gallery And Museum
- Cheap Hotels Near Norwegian Church In Sydney
- Luxury Hotels Near The Luggage Store Cafe And Museum
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near The Corso
- 3 Star Hotels Hotels Near Penrith Station, Northern Carpark
- Luxury Hotels Near North Head Sanctuary, Manly (sydney Harbour Federation Trust)
- City Tripplans
- Wollongong Itinerary 6 Days
- Wollongong Itinerary 4 Days
- 5 Day Trip to Wollongong from Wollongong
- Wollongong Itinerary 2 Days
- 3 Day Trip to Wollongong from Wollongong
- Wollongong Itinerary 3 Days
- 4 Day Trip to Wollongong from Wollongong
- Wollongong Itinerary 7 Days
- 8 Day Trip to Wollongong from Wollongong
- Wollongong Itinerary 1 Day