How to Reach Wuhan - The Easiest Way to Reach Wuhan
- By Air: Located 26kms away from the city, The Tianhe International Airport has flights from several regional cities such as Shanghai, Zhengzhou, Beijing, Nanchang, Chengdu as well as international destinations like Seoul, Tokyo, Paris, Bangkok and Singapore. Airport coaches leave every hour towards the long distance bus stop near the Hankou train station.
- By Train: Wuhan is one among the four important railway hubs in China. Every day, more than 70 trains leave from the city and over 120 trains pass through. Wuhan, Wuchang and Hankou are the three railway stations in the city. It is connected to seven cities through bullet trains while many other regular trains link Wuhan to other regional destinations.
- By Boat: From Shanghai, Nanjing or Chongqing, you can reach Wuhan through upstream or downstream boats.
- By Bus: Two long distance bus stations are located at Wuchang and Hankou. A number of buses that run from these stations to various places in China.
- By Metro: Wuhan metro operates three lines stretching more than 90 kilometres, helping you get to various parts of the city.
- By Bus: The easiest and cheapest way to get around Wuhan is through the public buses. They cost you as low as 2 RMB per trip.
- By Taxi: Taxi services start at 3 Yuan per kilometre and the fares per additional kilometre fluctuate based on the distance. Don’t forget to ask the driver to turn on the meter.
- By Waterways: Passenger ships and ferries are also available for traveling across the city as well as get to the neighbouring towns.
Are you looking for a Wuhan travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Modes of Transportation in Wuhan
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Wuhan. The most preferred mode of transport in Wuhan is Train/Metro.
Average distance: 11.7 km Average time: 41.83 min
Train/Metro 50%Train 29.33 min Bus 10 min Waiting 6 min Walking 4 min Overall average time for 11.41 kms 49.33 min
Walking 16.67%Walking 10 min Bike 5 min Overall average time for 3 kms 15 min
Bus/Trolleybus 16.67%Bus 17 min Walking 8 min Waiting 3 min Overall average time for 3 kms 28 min
Car 16.67%Driving 60 min Overall average time for 30 kms 60 min
How to Reach Wuhan from Nearby Cities
|Jingzhou to Wuhan||229.85 km||3 hours 49 mins|
|Hong kong to Wuhan||377.44 km||6 hours 17 mins|
|Central district police service centre to Wuhan||379.06 km||6 hours 19 mins|
|Beijing to Wuhan||500.26 km||8 hours 20 mins|
|Hangzhou to Wuhan||652.17 km||10 hours 52 mins|
|Shanghai to Wuhan||797.32 km||13 hours 17 mins|
|Olongapo to Wuhan||1037.2 km||17 hours 17 mins|
|Makati city to Wuhan||1108.89 km||18 hours 28 mins|
|Kota kinabalu to Wuhan||1172.76 km||19 hours 32 mins|
|Kunming to Wuhan||1289.45 km||21 hours 29 mins|