Hubei Provincial Museum, Wuhan
About Hubei Provincial Museum, Wuhan
Hubei Provincial Museum, Wuhan - Address, Phone Number
Address: No.156 Donghu Road, Wuchang District, Wuhan 430077, China
Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 932 times in trip plans
Museum, Family And Kids, Specialty Museum
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
One of the most famous museum in China, the Hubei Provincial Museum boasts over 200,000 exhibits. It has a vast array of collections such as pottery, porcelains, jade, bronze vessels, ancient weapons and musical instruments. About 812 of those cultural relics are listed first class and 16 of them are considered as national treasures. The museum comprises of 3 sections namely:
- Chime bells Exhibition is where many relics such as ancient halberds, triangle-shaped swords called Shu, bamboo slips used for writing are kept. But perhaps the most important is a set of bronze bells of different sizes which can be used to play different notes. This enchanting music is played in the adjacent Music hall.
- Culture Exhibition hall exhibits all the relics from the Chu (a state in the Spring and Autumn Period (770BC-476BC).
- The comprehensive exhibition hall which is at present undergoing renovation.
Hubei Provincial Museum Ticket Prices
- Museum entry free.
- Chime bells performance: CNY 15
Hubei Provincial Museum Opening and Closing Hours
- Chime bells performance at 11.00am and 4.00pm
How To reach Hubei Provincial Museum by Public Transport
- Lines: 14, 108, 402, 411, 552, 578, 701, 709 and get off at Sheng Bo Wu Guan (Provincial Museum).
- Lines: 605, 709, 712 and get off at Huangli Road Station (opposite the Hubei Daily).
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Wuhan before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Wuhan and book an accommodation of your choice.
Hubei Provincial Museum, Wuhan Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- Duntangcun Villagers' Committee
- Wuhan Jiufeng Forest Zoo
- Nankang Community
- Jiangjunshan Forest Park
- Wuhan Sports Center
- Chendou Villagers' Committee
- Wuhan Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Wuhan
- What to See in 48 Hours in Wuhan
- What to See in 72 Hours in Wuhan
- How to Spend 5 Days in Wuhan
- How to Spend 6 Days in Wuhan
- How to Spend 7 Days in Wuhan