Jichang GardenCurrently Open
- Address: 53 Huishan Straight St, Beitang, Wuxi, Jiangsu, China
- Timings: 08:00 am - 05:30 pm Details
- Phone: 0510-83702144
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Garden, Family And Kids, Nature
Formerly known as ‘Qin yuan’ and built during the Zhengde reign, this 500 year old garden has seen a number of famous kings, princes and monks throughout the ages. It has also undergone numerous re-decorations and each of it has only added to its serene beauty. Two other gardens namely the Xiequ garden and Yuanming Yuan in Beijing have been modelled according to this one. The highlights of the garden are:
- Feng GU Xing WO is an ancient house which is fist structure after entering the garden.
- Beauty stone is a stone standing in the middle of a pristine lake which almost looks like a polished mirror purely reflecting the entire surrounding.
- Yu Pan is a pavilion with a stone tablet and four stone piers and has interesting story behind it. A monk had played chess here with the Emperor Qianlong and had lost but the emperor knew that he had lost intentionally. The pavilion is named as The Depressed Chessboard.
- The Brick Caving pavilion and the Bingli Hall pavilion are known for its natural beauty enveloped by pine trees, hills, ponds and lush green bushes.
Jichang Garden Travel Tips
- Best to visit on a sunny day which really brings out its colours and splendour.
- Located inside Xihui Park
How to Reach Jichang Garden
By Bus: 2, 4, 10, 15, 16, 56, 81, 83, 88, 208, 216
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Wuxi before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Wuxi and book an accommodation of your choice.
86.27% of people who visit Wuxi include Jichang Garden in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
56.52% of people start their Jichang Garden visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Jichang Garden
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Jichang Garden