Lingshan Grand BuddhaCurrently Closed
- Address: Ma Shan Tai Hu National Park | Lingshan Road, Hubing District, Wuxi, China
- Timings: 07:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +86-5108568616
- Ticket Price: 210 CNY
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Landmark, Monument, Family And Kids
The grandest of monuments in Wuxi are perhaps located in Mt. Ling Shan where the world’s tallest Buddha statue is present. Along with the statue the other attractions in the place include:
- Grand Screen Wall is a huge wall about 8mts tall and 40mts wide which is at the entrance. It has inscriptions of Buddhist mantras on both sides and has 5 bridges dedicated to 5 aspects of life.
- The Altar of Buddha’s footprints each 1.2mts long and 0.6mts wide are the replicas of those in India. Buddha is also known as Sakyamuni. Behind the footprints is the Gate of Five wisdoms.
- The gate leads to a music fountain where a small statue of Sakyamuni springs up from the centre and the nine dragons around the fountain spout water on it as it rotates. It is considered holy to drink this water.
- After crossing the Ginkgo square and ascending 218 sets of stairs we come to The Grand Buddha statue 88mts tall. The statue and lotus pedestal are covered with 2000 sheets of bronze weighing 725 tons. The statue is earthquake resistant, wind proof and un-corroded symbolic of the strength that lies in wisdom.
- Further ahead is the Brahma palace which is about 70,000sqmts large and its glory lies only second to the statue. Its walls are covered with murals depicting the stories of Buddha while the ceiling is in shape of a blooming lotus. The entire hall covered in bronze and lit with golden light which gives a dazzling appearance.
The monuments instil a deep sense of awe and wonder and makes you realize the immense potential of human beings and points to our aesthetic and spiritual dimensions.
Lingshan Grand Buddha Travel Tips
- There are many more highlights in Mt. Ling shan which means it’ll probably take a good half a day to visit them all.
- Accommodation and catering services are available, refer website.
- Handicap and disable friendly area.
- The Brahma palace is also known as Vatican Palace.
Entrance Ticket Details For Lingshan Grand Buddha
- Kids and teenagers between ages 6 and 18, CNY 105
- Senior citizens between 60 and 70, CNY 160
- Senior citizens above70, CNY 90
- Children under 6 years of age, FREE
- For other prices for renting audio guide and battery car refer website.
Lingshan Grand Buddha Hours
- For opening and closing hours of separate venue refer website.
How to Reach Lingshan Grand Buddha
By Bus: No.88 and 89 from Wuxi railway station takes you directly to Mt. Ling shan.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Wuxi before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Wuxi and book an accommodation of your choice.
92.54% of people who visit Wuxi include Lingshan Grand Buddha in their plan
07 AM - 08 AM
90.14% of people start their Lingshan Grand Buddha visit around 07 AM - 08 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Lingshan Grand Buddha
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Lingshan Grand Buddha