Considered as a symbol of old Xi’an, Big Wild Goose Pagoda locally known as Dayan Pagoda is a holy place for Buddhists and is a well-preserved ancient monument of China. It stands in the Da Ci’en temple complex and sees visitors from all over the world for its spiritual significance.
Big Wild Goose Pagoda- Built in 652 BC under the rule of Emperor Gaozang of Tang Dynasty to collect Buddhist materials that were taken from India by the hierarch Xuanzang, this was a structure of 60 meters (197 feet) with five stories and later two stories were added.
Other attractions include:
- Da Ci’en temple
- Tang Ci’en Temple Site Park
- The Shaanxi Opera Garden to the east
- The Shaanxi Folk Customs Garden
- South Square with the statue of Monk Xuanzang
- Great Tang All Day Mall
- The North square which boasts the largest musical fountain in Asia.
The musical fountain show is very popular among tourists and should not be missed on the visit.
- Daci'en Temple- CNY 50.
- Ascending the Pagoda- CNY 40.
The timings for the musical fountain show are as follows:
- There are no shows in November, December and January.
- June, July, August, September, October- Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday- 12.00 pm, 09.00 pm, Tuesday- 09.00 pm.
- Saturday, Sunday and public holidays: 12.00 pm, 02.00 pm, 04.00 pm, 06.00 pm, 09.00 pm.
- February, March, April and May- Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday- 12.00 pm, 08.30 pm, Tuesday- 08.30 pm.
- Saturday, Sunday and public holidays: 12.00 pm, 02.00 pm, 04.00 pm, 06.00 pm, 08.30 pm.
- Subway line 2, bus no 5, 19, 21, 22, 23, 24, 27, Tourist Bus Line 4 , Line 6, Line 8 (610), Line 9 (320)
- Datang Snacks
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Xian before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Xian and book an accommodation of your choice.
90.86% of people who visit Xian include Dayan Pagoda Northern Square in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
39.6% of people start their Dayan Pagoda Northern Square visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Dayan Pagoda Northern Square
90.4% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Dayan Pagoda Northern Square