Considered as a symbol of old Xi’an, Big Wild Goose Pagoda locally known as Dayan Pagoda is a holy place for Buddhists and is a well-preserved ancient monument of China. It stands in the Da Ci’en temple complex and sees visitors from all over the world for its spiritual significance.
Big Wild Goose Pagoda- Built in 652 BC under the rule of Emperor Gaozang of Tang Dynasty to collect Buddhist materials that were taken from India by the hierarch Xuanzang, this was a structure of 60 meters (197 feet) with five stories and later two stories were added.
Other attractions include:
- Da Ci’en temple
- Tang Ci’en Temple Site Park
- The Shaanxi Opera Garden to the east
- The Shaanxi Folk Customs Garden
- South Square with the statue of Monk Xuanzang
- Great Tang All Day Mall
- The North square which boasts the largest musical fountain in Asia.
The musical fountain show is very popular among tourists and should not be missed on the visit.
Entrance Ticket Details For Dayan Pagoda Northern Square
- Daci'en Temple- CNY 50.
- Ascending the Pagoda- CNY 40.
Dayan Pagoda Northern Square Hours
The timings for the musical fountain show are as follows:
- There are no shows in November, December and January.
- June, July, August, September, October- Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday- 12.00 pm, 09.00 pm, Tuesday- 09.00 pm.
- Saturday, Sunday and public holidays: 12.00 pm, 02.00 pm, 04.00 pm, 06.00 pm, 09.00 pm.
- February, March, April and May- Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday- 12.00 pm, 08.30 pm, Tuesday- 08.30 pm.
- Saturday, Sunday and public holidays: 12.00 pm, 02.00 pm, 04.00 pm, 06.00 pm, 08.30 pm.
How to Reach Dayan Pagoda Northern Square
- Subway line 2, bus no 5, 19, 21, 22, 23, 24, 27, Tourist Bus Line 4 , Line 6, Line 8 (610), Line 9 (320)
- Datang Snacks
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Xian before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Xian and book an accommodation of your choice.
71.67% of people who visit Xian include Dayan Pagoda Northern Square in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
39.6% of people start their Dayan Pagoda Northern Square visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Dayan Pagoda Northern Square
90.4% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Dayan Pagoda Northern Square