Emperor Qin Shi Huang's Mausoleum Site ParkCurrently Closed
- Address: Lintong, Xi'an, Shaanxi, China, Xian
- Timings: 08:30 am - 06:35 pm Details
- Phone: +86-2981399001
- Ticket Price: 150 CNY
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museums, Historical Site, Tourist Center, Archaeological Site , Tomb
Considered as one of the most prominent archaeological findings of the 20the century, the excavation site around the Emperor Qin Shi Huang’s Mausoleum in Lintong area of Xi’an in Shaanxi province is a must-visit in China.
The Mausoleum is the tomb of first emperor of China- Qin Shi Huang who ascended the throne in 246 BC and started the construction of his tomb which took 11 years to finish. It is also believed that there are buried treasure and sacrificial objects hidden under the tomb. The most important features of this site are the life size terracotta figures of warriors and horses arranged as if in a battle. They present the faint idea on pomp and vigour of the empire long gone by.
The museum is spread over an area of 16300 square meters and is divided into three major sections names Pit 1, Pit 2, Pit 3 in the order of their discovery. Over 7000 pottery soldiers, horses, Chariots and weapons have been discovered in the excavations and are displayed in the museum.
Today, the museum of Qin Terracotta Warriors and Horses, Qin Shi Huan Mausoleum are presented as a huge combined attraction called as Emperor Qin Shi Huang's Mausoleum Site Park. Pther attractions within the site park include: the Museum of Terracotta Acrobatics, the Museum of Terracotta Civil Officials and the Museum of Stone Armor which are a part of Lishan Garden.
Needless to say, it is an UNESCO world heritage site and a must-visit on the trip to Xi’an
- To avoid crowd, visit in the afternoon.
- Shuttle buses between the Museum of Qin Terra cotta Warriors and Horses and the Qin Shi Huang Mausoleum are available and are free for ticket holders.
- Free shuttle buses are available from Xi’an north railway station.
- Guided tours are available.
- The ticket price includes the Emperor Qin Shi Huang's Mausoleum Site Park , Museum of Qin Terracotta Warriors and Horses, Lishan Garden and shuttle buses inside the scenic area.
- Ticket price for December, January and February: CNY 120
- Last ticket issued at 05.00 pm.
- Shuttle buses run from 08.30 am to 06.30 pm.
- Tourism bus no 5
- Qinyuan restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Xian before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Xian and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Xian include Emperor Qin Shi Huang's Mausoleum Site Park in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
91.03% of people start their Emperor Qin Shi Huang's Mausoleum Site Park visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Emperor Qin Shi Huang's Mausoleum Site Park
94.29% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Emperor Qin Shi Huang's Mausoleum Site Park