This museum is dedicated to Steles and is known as forest of Steles since 1992 given the number of Steles exhibited here. Steles and stone sculptures are housed in an ancient Confucian temple. The collection comprises of Steles cut in 837 A.D. and also includes oldest existing texts of Confucian classics. There are 2000 engraved stone tablets belonging to Han Dynasty. There are around 3000 collectibles for display in the museum divided into seven exhibition halls. There also works of calligraphy, painting and historical records.
- English tour guide is available.
- Ticket price for December, January and February is CNY 50.
- Combo ticket for Xian City Wall and Forest of Stone Steles Museum costing CNY 100 is available.
- Tickets not available after 05.15 pm.
- Tourism bus no 6, bus no 14, 23, 40, 118, 208, 213, 216, 221, 222, 232, 302, 309, 402, 512, 619, 704, 710 or 800
- Pu Cheng Fan Zhuang
- Back Nook coffee
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Xian before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Xian and book an accommodation of your choice.
66.96% of people who visit Xian include Forest Of Stone Steles Museum in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
44.95% of people start their Forest Of Stone Steles Museum visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Forest Of Stone Steles Museum
92.12% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Forest Of Stone Steles Museum