Claimed as one of the most scenic sites in china, these hot springs are a popular destination for one-day trip from Xi’an. These hot springs are complex natural phenomena characterised by hot water occurring due to geothermal heating. The alluring backdrop of Mount Li adds to the experience of soaking in the springs.
The pools were constructed by Emperor Xuanzong of the Tang dynasty as a part of his magnificent palace. The hot springs are surrounded by tales of Xuanzong’s romance with his consort Yang Guifei. This site is witness of the 1936 Xi'an Incident, when Chiang Kai-shek was kidnapped by former warlord Zhang Xueliang and forced to participate in a United Front with the Chinese Communist Party to oppose Japanese encroachment on China.
A visit to this iconic site is a unique experience.
Huaqing Hot Springs Travel Tips
- Do not soak in the hot springs immediately before after the meals.
- Not suitable for people with sensitive ski, pregnant women, patients suffering from diabetes, heart disease or high blood pressure.
- Take of all the metal jewellery and accessories before getting in the hot spring.
- Keep a prior check on the temperature, water quality and mineral content before soaking.
- So not soak in the hot spring for long duration.
Entrance Ticket Details For Huaqing Hot Springs
- Ticket price for December, January and February- CNY 80.
- Free for children under height of 1.2 metre.
- The ticket price for performances is separate.
Huaqing Hot Springs Hours
- The timings for performances can be found out locally.
How to Reach Huaqing Hot Springs
- Tourist bus no. 5 and 307
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Xian before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Xian and book an accommodation of your choice.
71.13% of people who visit Xian include Huaqing Hot Springs in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
83.72% of people start their Huaqing Hot Springs visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Huaqing Hot Springs
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Huaqing Hot Springs