Shaanxi History Museum, XianCurrently Open
- Address: 91 Xiaozhai East Road, Yanta, Xi'an, Shaanxi, China, Xian
- Timings: 08:30 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +86-2985253806
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: History Museum, Historical Site, Architecture , Exhibition
About Shaanxi History Museum, Xian
Claimed as the “Pearl of ancient Dynasties and house of Chinese treasures”, this museum is dedicated to Shaanxi province which is considered as the birth places if Chinese culture. Depicting an overview of thousands of years of Chinese history, Shaanxi History museum is a must-visit attraction in Xi’an.
Spread over 16 acres of area, this museum comprises of 370,000 exhibits and displays from the prehistoric times to about 1840 AD (1,150,000 years ago - 21st Century BC).
The buildings are constructed in the architectural style of Tang Dynasty and the exhibits are divided into various sections. The exhibition halls are generally divided into four main groups; the Preface Hall, the permanent exhibition halls, the temporary exhibition halls, and an exhibition hall for Tang Mural Paintings. There are three permanent exhibition halls spread over two floors.
A must-visit for history and art enthusiasts!
Shaanxi History Museum Information
- The museum gives away 4000 free tickets daily. 2500 tickets before 02.00 pm and 1500 tickets after 03.00 pm.
- Valid id proof for Chinese nationals and passport for foreign tourists is to be carried.
- Group tours are available but require prior reservation.
- Audio guide is available.
Shaanxi History Museum Ticket Prices
- CNY 20 for the Exhibition Hall for Treasures of Great Tang Dynasty.
- CNY 300 for the Exhibition Hall for Mural Paintings of Tang Dynasty.
- Charges for audio guide: Deposit: CNY 100, Rent: CNY 20.
Shaanxi History Museum Opening and Closing Hours
- Last tickets at 04.00 pm.
- Group tour bookings are from 09.00 am to 05.00 pm and should be done at least 24 hours before visit.
How To reach Shaanxi History Museum by Public Transport
- Bus No. 5, 19, 24, 26, 27, 30, 34, tourist bus no 6 and 8
Restaurants Near Shaanxi History Museum
- Wangjiaolou Restaurant
- Yimin Guilin rice noodles
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Xian before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Xian and book an accommodation of your choice.