Are you looking for what to do in Xian?
THINGS TO SEE
- The Terracotta Army and horse museum: About 30 km east of Xi'an you'll find the number one attraction for the city. The Terracotta Army has thousands of figures, each unique with an assortment of weaponry. This lay undiscovered for nearly 2,000 years buried under fields.
- The Tomb of Emperor Jingdi: You may find it hard to get there as even the locals don't seem to know it exists, and if you didn't get your fill of Terracotta Warriors you'll find even more here. The arms are missing because they were made of wood, but don't let it put you off – this is one of those places that really is off radar for almost every visitor.
- Huashan: The Flower Mountain- One of the five sacred mountains of Taoism, this area offers cliff faces and ravines galore, and is considered one of the most dangerous hiking mountains in the world. Don't let this put you off, take a cable car up from Huashan village and enjoy the temples, pavilions, etc. that are found on the mountain.
- Hanyangling Tomb: The Mausoleum of Liq Qi- Covering 10 square kilometres this archaeological excavation gives an insight into life in China before Christ, with pyramids, and treasure to be found.
- Big and Small Wild Goose Pagoda's: These Buddhist temples date back to the Tang Dynasty which was more than 1,300 years ago. They are a symbol of constant peace, and are well worth a visit when you are in Xi'an. They are closed on Tuesdays, no fees but a donation will be expected.
- Forest of Stele Museum: With an enormous floor area of over 31,000 metres squared, you can find the classic Confucian texts carved on 14 steals here, along with displays of calligraphy, carvings and more.
THINGS TO DO
- Hike to the Cuihua Mountains.
- Take a dip in the Hot water springs of Huaqing.
- Go on a biking trail of the Xi’an city wall.
- Shop and eat at the Muslim Quarter.
Below we have a list of things to do in Xian and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Xian getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Xian with confidence.