How to Reach Xiamen - The Easiest Way to Reach Xiamen
HOW TO GET TO XIAMEN
- By Air: Xiamen Gaoqi International Airport, which is about 20 minutes away from the city centre has flights from both Asian and International destinations. Some of the places from where you can fly to Xiamen include North America, Singapore, Hong Kong, Manila, Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur and Amsterdam. You can reach the city from the airport with the help of a Shuttle or a city bus.
- By Train: Bullet trains link Xiamen with cities like Hangzhou, Shanghai, Ningbo and Fuzhou. Shenzhen is also connected to Xiamen by a fast speed train.
- By Boat: A boat service runs from Kinmen to the city of Xiamen.
- By Bus: Songbai, Hubin and Jimei are the three long distance bus stations serving Xiamen. A number of direct buses leave towards cities like Shanghai, Nanjing, Hefei, Nanchang, Yingtan, Fuzhou uanzhou, Zhangzhou, and Longyan.
HOW TO GET AROUND XIAMEN
- By Bus: Xiamen has an efficient local bus system that has more than 50 services running every day. The ticket cost 1 Yuan in summer and 2 Yuan during winter days. The city also has special minibuses that are stopped on request, and are mostly used by the locals.
- Sightseeing Bus: There are several buses that specially serve the tourists by taking them to the places to visit in Xiamen as a tourist. These sightseeing buses have both day and night services with a voyage time of about 2 hours each.
- By Taxi: Taxis can be hired off the street for 8 Yuan the first three kilometres and an extra of 2 yuan every extra kilometre.
- By Bicycle: You can get a bicycle on rent at one of the rental stations by depositing 400 yuan and explore the beautiful coastline of Xiamen.
- By Ferry: In order to get to the Gulangyu Island, you have to take a ferry at the Ferry terminal. Purchase the one-way ore roundtrip ticket at the terminal before you board the ferry.
Are you looking for a Xiamen travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Modes of Transportation in Xiamen
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Xiamen. The most preferred mode of transport in Xiamen is Bus/Trolleybus.
Average distance: 28 km Average time: 72.5 min
Bus/Trolleybus 100%Bus 52.5 min Waiting 10 min Walking 10 min Overall average time for 28 kms 72.5 min
How to Reach Xiamen from Nearby Cities
|Shishi to Xiamen||63.48 km||1 hour 3 mins|
|Quanzhou to Xiamen||68.39 km||1 hour 8 mins|
|Fuzhou to Xiamen||158.85 km||2 hours 38 mins|
|Hangzhou to Xiamen||388.86 km||6 hours 28 mins|
|Kowloon city to Xiamen||445.67 km||7 hours 25 mins|
|Hong kong to Xiamen||448.17 km||7 hours 28 mins|
|Central district police service centre to Xiamen||450.3 km||7 hours 30 mins|
|Ying pun to Xiamen||452.71 km||7 hours 32 mins|