Nanputuo Temple, XiamenCurrently Open [Closes at 06:00 pm]
- Address: No.515 Siming South Road, Siming District,Xiamen 361005, China
- Timings: 05:40 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +86-5922088554
- Ticket Price: 3 CNY
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Outdoors, Mountain, Observatory, Tourist Center, Family And Kids, Architecture , Exhibition
About Nanputuo Temple, Xiamen
Nanputuo is a very renowned Buddhist temple in the Tang dunasty of Xiamen. The temple is surrounded by the sea and the Wulao peaks. More than a few steps lead to this magnificently made structure. The architecture is of the old traditional Chinese style.
- The golden idol of Buddha
- The mountain hike
- Buddhist scriptures and images
- Old sculptures
- Devajara Hall and Mahavira Hall
- Dabei hall
- The Pavilion with its exhibitions
Nanputuo Temple Information
- Weekdays are less crowded.
- Avoid going for the hike in the afternoon. Wear suitable shoes for the same.
How To reach Nanputuo Temple by Public Transport
- Bus no.: 17 at Temple entrance.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Xiamen before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Xiamen and book an accommodation of your choice.
Nanputuo Temple, Xiamen Reviews
Beautiful and peaceful place. Good to combine with a walk in Botanical garden
A fairly expansive temple which was first founded over 1000 years ago. The temple was seriously damaged during the Cultural Revolution, during which the temple grounds were occupied by a factory, elementary school, and melon farm. After the Cultural Revolution, temple restoration began under the leadership of Master Miao Zhan, who later became the temple abbot in 1989. The temple is now one of Xiamen's most popular tourist spots, because of its beautiful architecture, and for the significance it still holds for many of the Fujianese diaspora throughout Southeast Asia.
Old, serene temple near Xiamen University with lots of greenery, a lotus pond and lake. One can see its beautiful pagoda from afar.
The Nanputuo Temple is located on the southeast of Xiamen Island. That is why it is also called South Putuo Temple. This temple is generally crowded. So keep some time viewing different part. There is also a nice vegetarian temple inside. Hence, do not worry if you get hungry!
Easy to visit and close to Xiamen University