Nanputuo TempleCurrently Open [Closes at 06:00 pm]
- Address: No.515 Siming South Road, Siming District,Xiamen 361005, China
- Timings: 05:40 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +86-5922088554
- Ticket Price: 3 CNY
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Outdoors, Mountain, Observatory, Tourist Center, Family And Kids, Architecture , Exhibition
Nanputuo Temple - Review
Nanputuo is a very renowned Buddhist temple in the Tang dunasty of Xiamen. The temple is surrounded by the sea and the Wulao peaks. More than a few steps lead to this magnificently made structure. The architecture is of the old traditional Chinese style.
- The golden idol of Buddha
- The mountain hike
- Buddhist scriptures and images
- Old sculptures
- Devajara Hall and Mahavira Hall
- Dabei hall
- The Pavilion with its exhibitions
Nanputuo Temple Information
- Weekdays are less crowded.
- Avoid going for the hike in the afternoon. Wear suitable shoes for the same.
How To reach Nanputuo Temple by Public Transport
- Bus no.: 17 at Temple entrance.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Xiamen before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Xiamen and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Nanputuo Temple
95% of people who visit Xiamen include Nanputuo Temple in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
51.94% of people start their Nanputuo Temple visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Nanputuo Temple
91.25% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Nanputuo Temple
Nanputuo Temple Map
Nanputuo Temple Trips
Nanputuo Temple, Xiamen Reviews
The Nanputuo Temple was a beautiful place for both secular and spiritual visitors. The temple had a few of architectural highlights, a nice pagoda and a nice pond, some beautiful corridors, and lovely calligraphy on big rocks. The temple was also a big attraction to local crowd; tourists should be well prepared for a little bit of tumult. The kitchen of Nanputuo prepared great vegetarian dishes that you certainly wouldn’t want to miss, even though you were not a vegan.
I was here eight years ago for the first time when I started a project with graduate students from Xiamen University. I remembered I paid RMB5 for admission. I paid a few visits during my 6 months stay to hike the mountain and paying respects to Buddhas. I was here again two weeks ago. Now, no need to pay any admission, a casual walk/hike up the mountain was very satisfying both mind and body.
Beautiful and peaceful place. Good to combine with a walk in Botanical garden
A fairly expansive temple which was first founded over 1000 years ago. The temple was seriously damaged during the Cultural Revolution, during which the temple grounds were occupied by a factory, elementary school, and melon farm. After the Cultural Revolution, temple restoration began under the leadership of Master Miao Zhan, who later became the temple abbot in 1989. The temple is now one of Xiamen's most popular tourist spots, because of its beautiful architecture, and for the significance it still holds for many of the Fujianese diaspora throughout Southeast Asia.
Old, serene temple near Xiamen University with lots of greenery, a lotus pond and lake. One can see its beautiful pagoda from afar.
All QuestionsNanputuo temple
- Biblioteca Comunale
- Colonia Soggiorno Parrocchia Di Lavis
- Congregazione Della Piccola Bethania Di Vicoforte
- Casa Del Clero - Santuario
- Monastero Di S. Chiara
- Martini Giovanni
- Parrocchia Di S. Biagio Dei Frati
- Parrocchia Maria SS Della Stella
- Space Cinema 1 SPA
- Istituto S.Chiara
- Bbm Di Mauro Pasquale & C. SAS
- Antiquarium Del Seminario Vescovile
- Ferrara Chiara
- Parrocchia S. Maria Del Carmine