Inya Lake11 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Yangon, Myanmar (Burma) Map
- Timings: 04:00 am - 10:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Water Body, Family And Kids, Lake
Inya Lake is the largest lake of Yangon whose surrounding area is used as a recreational area for the locals as well as the visitors. This is an artificial lake that was designed by British as a water reservoir between 1882 and 1883 in order to provide a water supply to Yangon. The lake was formed by joining small hills that surrounded creeks that were formed during the monsoon season. This is one of those places where you can spend quality time with family and friends. In fact many people take a stroll around this lake as it takes at least two hours to circle the lake on foot.
Inya Lake Travel Tips
- A lot of trekking is needed.
Entrance Ticket Details For Inya Lake
- Entry is free.
How to Reach Inya Lake
- By rented car from city centre.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Yangon before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Yangon and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Inya Lake Address: Yangon, Myanmar (Burma)
- Inya Lake Timing: 04:00 am - 10:00 pm
- Best time to visit Inya Lake(preferred time): 05:00 am - 07:00 pm
- Time required to visit Inya Lake: 02:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
1.25% of people who visit Yangon include Inya Lake in their plan
75% of people start their Inya Lake visit around 2 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Inya Lake
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Inya Lake
People normally club together Bogyoke Market and Holy Trinity Cathedral while planning their visit to Inya Lake.