Are you looking for what to do in Yangon?
THINGS TO SEE
- Shwedagon Paya: Stunning landmark of the city and the most important religious sites in the country.
- Sule Paya (Sule Pagoda): A 46 m octagonal-shaped stupa dating back to 2000 years and believed to be the home of a strand of Buddha’s hair.
- Botataung Paya: Believed to be the site where 1000 soldiers brought the strand of Buddha’s hair, destroyed in World War II.
- Kandawgyi Lake: Formerly known as Victoria lake, a huge fungus shaped lake housing replica of Karaweik- a traditional Burmese Boat.
- Bahadur Shah Zafar Grave: Grave of the Last emperor of India.
- Saint Mary's Cathedral, Holy Trinity Cathedral depicting the Christian dominance over the country.
Below we have a list of things to do in Yangon and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Yangon getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Yangon with confidence.